Isekai Shikkaku - Vol. 8 Ch. 44

Dex-chan lover
beautiful-bayonetta.gif

Plot twist: they later died in the snow storm.

I mean yeah running into the forest, with no preperation, food, other clothes, anything really in the middle of nowhere.
What a great idea!

Diantha still has home in that village. Logically, they most likely went there before leaving.

Dex-chan lover
Death is a better alternative than this village of biggots at least you die free.

The guys in this chapter seemed to be ready to rape the elf girl to make her theirs (not so fun fact in medieval Europe if you raped an unmarried woman your "punishment" was to be forced to marry her it may differs depending the place but that was the standard one, it was only until the Spanish Inquisition said this was not a punishment that they started treating it like an actual crime).

What does it have to do with this chapter ? i don't know it just gave me the "vibes" that made me think about this.
I think you are misrepresenting the punishment a bit here.
The women were the property of their spouses, and before that, of their father (or brother if the father had died). "Marriage" involved a large compensation paid to the prior owner ("dowry" iirc? though that might have been the word from cultures that on the contrary had the daughters family pay the spouse (to ensure they treat her well)), and overall treated much like a transference of goods (much like slaves (also much like slaves, the wife doesn't actually have much rights or protections against the spouse)).

So being "forced to marry the girl" effectively means "forced to pay a large remuneration to the girls father as compensation", and then getting to 'take home the broken commodity'. It is like how many stores have a "if you break it, you buy it" policy.

I do agree that it [the crime and its punishment] is not very good either way. But there I actually have larger issues with how the girl is treated as an object to begin with, and even the horribly lenient "punishment" or initial crime almost pales in comparison. She was fated to be raped, even if the father had married her to someone normally. Because I sure as hell don't consider the bridal night [of such a transaction] (or any subsequent for that matter) as consensual.

Last edited:
What? Conservative way of thinking is not for everyone! WHAT, no way! It's good that in our world we sorta this things right... :meguusmug:

Dex-chan lover
What a beautiful story and ending, I want to see this arc get beautifully animated too. 🥺🥺🥺 But I kinda doubt the anime will reach this point, unless...?
Man, this manga never fails to surprise me. I love how sweet and sentimental it can get.
Reminds me of how much I like the short arc about a wheelchair user otherworlder becoming a wolf to protect an orphanage. Short but sweet, though this is arguably more important as it involves a member of the fallen angels.
I kinda want to see Eliza again in the future, preferably being happy. May she be happy this time.
Thanks for the update!

Death is a better alternative than this village of biggots at least you die free.

The guys in this chapter seemed to be ready to rape the elf girl to make her theirs (not so fun fact in medieval Europe if you raped an unmarried woman your "punishment" was to be forced to marry her it may differs depending the place but that was the standard one, it was only until the Spanish Inquisition said this was not a punishment that they started treating it like an actual crime).

What does it have to do with this chapter ? i don't know it just gave me the "vibes" that made me think about this.
Well this what exactly local law in Indonesia in the past(I don't know if now), but even if there already country law for it in Indonesia, that "punishment" still exist if the girl can't prof it and will immediately force them to marry in a week to make them legal to do that and will not be a taboo by religion view, the local will think "they do it, because they like each other, and try hide it but got caught"

Dex-chan lover
Exactly. Let’s not forget about the prototypical yuri story, Thelma and Louise

thelma-and-louise-vintage.gif
Never watch it, cause I'm not really movie watcher.
But I read way too many yuri or shoujo ai manga with death or suicide ending.
And personally it's usually still better than the ending where the girls need to separate or hide their feelings.

Dex-chan lover
Plot twist: they later died in the snow storm.

I mean yeah running into the forest, with no preperation, food, other clothes, anything really in the middle of nowhere.
What a great idea!
mfw they could easily be going to her house to prepare + she has op slime powers

Dex-chan lover
If it did it would be severely edited down. With Japan's current suicide rates they're not going to let a MC that's actively trying to kill himself in every episode air on public TV, even if he's based on a RL author.
I guess so - the only way you can get uncensored death is to draw it out like PLATINUM END.

Dex-chan lover
Spanish Inquisitors have more morals.

Dex-chan lover
I would like to add that "Bury your Gay" trope seems to have been consequences of the "Hays codes". When homosexuals were deemed immoral and must shown consequences of being one. Now that society mostly shifted from these homophobic moral panicing, I hope this became outdated trope from here on out.

Users who are viewing this thread