Isekai Tensei no Boukensha

I am so pissed. omg... What was the point of his reincarnation to another world then!! LMAO.. ughhhh!! I don't wanna read... but I also do. *sigh* I shall keep on going but MAAAANNNAs dkfja;sldfjas;dfj!!! That was maddening!

@Lulu69 SAME goddamnit. I was like 35% sure that
his family will be dead
but I can't believe I'm correct and it pissed me off.
Why did they need to die?!
For character developments?! Why?!! Ridiculous!!
And I already too invested on them too!! I wanna stop reading but I can't, already too invested on Tenma

Contributor
In short, the author seems to want to write stories about very sweet, very sad sad-pandas.

But! Ineptly, and possibly using entirely the wrong genre as a medium (shounen power-fantasy?!), and with botched signalling to the audience that this is what they're stepping into, some of which are kind of big no-nos for tragic sweet sadpanda writing.

There are things this actually does very well, even if in a rough and unpolished fashion (...not so much the shounen half of things, which pretty much just reaches the isekai-standard low bar). But balancing the demands of a shounen self-insert power-fantasy and this "look at this sweetest, saddest boy in the world" stuff, would be a tall order even if the author was totally on top of their game.

"Behold, I am stronk" and "cute but sad"—the former being self-insert and high-agency (broadly speaking), and the latter being sort of almost voyeuristic or at least not a first-person experience (sans vague masochism, I suppose), and generally involving the character's inefficacy—are just kind of oil-and-water concepts, and we're lacking any figurative emulsifier.

Feels like the author would do much better (at least artistically speaking, no clue about the commercial side) to nix the out-of-place shounen battle power-fantasy (which they aren't even really good at) and just write some sort of high-fantasy melancholic meandering adventure memoir instead? At that point the roughness of the execution might perhaps have it's own sort of charm.

Took me less than 10 pages to drop it. Inconsistent art,character behaviour, and story telling. I see the author write a lot of stuff, but this here is just simply a mess.

Dex-chan lover
Messy art style with confusing transitions and meh translating aren't a good combo. Still unsure about what was happening in the early chapters.
And apparently (going off comments) i'm dropping before *TrAgIc EvEnT* happens, so bullet dodged.

Also, hasn't he got, like, EVERY god in that world looking out for him? How does that not stop *TrAgIc EvEnT* from happening?

Can some1 explain why here only 25 chapters? And is it really official publisher? I mean it's stupid because this manga has 43 chapters minimum. Publisher on ENG manga sites seems to be really bad...

Users who are viewing this thread