Isekai Tensei... Sareteneee!

Contributor
Feels like a good reminder of reasons why isekais and similar stuff have become the refuge of lazily-written self-insert stories: This is honestly a little stale.

The open-fantasy-worlds of isekai are a blank canvas for the imagination (even if what authors scribble on those canvases tends to be rather derivative); whereas here there's no world-building, no culture-building, no sense of discovery or exploration. There's no underlying sense of yearning or curiosity with which to pad out the whole 'lotta nothingness that comprises this sort of "Protagonist is OP now! Let's invent stuff for him to do!" plot.

It's not exactly bad, or anything, mind. Good old shounen staples, I guess. I'm sort of rather fond of the chill old man cat-god too.

...Oh, also, either I'm having a stroke or this translation is somewhat awful. XD

Group Leader
I am enjoying the story line for sure. But it seems, like the little twists that happen, seem... Out of place... Its kinda weird. Its a conflicting feeling when moving between chapters and events.... hmm

Not gonna lie. When I saw the cover, I thought it was a genderswap manga.

I like this manga, but the chapters are too short. That’s partly why it feels a little rushed, cuz the author has to cram a bunch of stuff in a constricted number of pages

@raychen1155 its not chapter being short, too many pages for so little progress. In addition sloppy plot, naive MC, poor implication of magic systems/abilities, & like lot of stuffs add up. Approx 210 pages or 10 chapters for some most lame fight & that too oly one fight , definitely ppl wouldn't buy it. For example, do give kumo desuga nanika? a try. Each release is same around 21~23 pages. Author was able to develop interest in the reader's mind. Well this is just my thought though! Thats why probably too many people ranting it here.

Dex-chan lover
The premise seemed kinda interesting but everything else completely sucks. Makes me think the writer only came up with the start and like 2-3 other ideas and then just winged it for the rest. Everything progresses way too slowly, the characters do that stupid thing where they talk as if you understand them too much, and they neved tell us anything we actually need to know.

The only thing I can complain is the way it ends the chapter that makes you react like in the Avatar meme

Aggregator gang
It's probably the best Modern Isekai I've read. Sadly. Though I'm glad there's a smart Author out there at least.
(though I may be speaking to soon...)
But yes this manga bit rush, I don't really understand why the girl chases MC a lot. It's cute but it's to the point of stalkerish now.

In the end only one can judge from the novel. LN Adaptions are always flawed, you'd be lucky to have a good storyteller.

I really like the art style, so nostalgic.

Also Shinigami and shit I always love.

Dex-chan lover
You know those Chinese cartoons that jump over plot points and randomly throw you into different situations with brand new characters? Yeah, this feels a lot like one of those. I want to like it but after reading 19 chapters... Yeah, still a mess.

The only other tag I want here is romance imo, hoping if there actually is any to begin with

On second thought, I feel like this would become a harem in that case, which honestly has me reconsidering my statement...

Users who are viewing this thread