Isekai Tensei Soudouki - Vol. 5 Ch. 41

Double-page supporter
Okay, so this chapter is strange. First off, why do the happily ever after if Teresa is going back to the school with them. It just gives her plot invincibility. There was a good possibility to make a side story about something happening to her which could threaten relationships between the two countries, but that has been quashed by revealing her future so early. I know she's a minor side character, but still that's a bad precedent to set when you still have a lot of story left to tell. If they had not brought Teresa back with them then that wouldn't be an issue since she could easily be written out of the story, but not right now. Also are we not going to send any guards with the future queen? That seems rather strange as well.

It is nice that they resolved a relationship early in the series. Normally Japanese authors drag crap like this out for far too long. Yes the main character's relationships are still up in the air, but it's nice that a side character get a resolved relationship.

@Mnuchinboo @Talismaster
The picture as posted
Top row from the left:
Uraka - Pirate girl
Seirun - childhood friend / maid
Selina - Dog ear merchant
Satsuki - No idea who that is, don't think she's shown up in the manga yet

Bottom row from the left:
Rachael - Princess girl that had diarrhea
Main Character - MC
Silk - Knight Girl
Agasa I think can't tell with the size of the image - Another new girl
*edit* actually Agatha would be better way to spell it than Agasa

So yeah, most of them have shown up already. Only two new ones that I don't know.
Poor Rorona getting left out.

Dex-chan lover
Traps - traps everywhere! I kinda want to see it. From safe distance.

Double-page supporter
@Nacunacatox As far as I can tell, they're both trans _and_ straight. I was pondering this here: https://mangadex.org/thread/50872/1/#post_359899

Fed-Kun's army
Does anyone have links to where I can read the english web/light novel of this?

Dex-chan lover
@degenerateafro not really strange, as Franco hasn't been crowned so much as having his position as heir cemented, and so it wouldn't be weird for the foreign princess to return to her country to wait for the big budget national wedding of the crown prince to be organized. kind of like how the fiance of the previous crown prince, was able to return home just in time, to almost die in front of Balud.

Double-page supporter
@CountryMage I'm not saying it's strange to have her come back, I'm saying it's strange to have her come back after giving her a plot armor "happily ever after" scenario. It's typical for the main character to be impervious to any type of danger, but that usually isn't the case for side characters.

Dex-chan lover
Above all else, I'll be vulgar and just admit I'm curious as to their freaking bedroom dynamic. I wonder how it works for them? What sort of play are they into if they've enjoyed swapping the gender roles, or does that not translate into the bedroom for this pair of silly lovebirds?

The mind boggles.

Double-page supporter
If the Pirate Queen doesn't join the harem, I am not gonna be a happy camper.

Edit: His other selves are men of culture, Trap FTW

Dex-chan lover
unknown.png

This panel right here, this is how he is going to deal with more girls wanting to join the harem.

@degenerateafro
Shes getting plot armor, cause the author is probably going to timeskip us again like how it happened in the arc before the school arc.

Twi

Fed-Kun's army
Wasn’t Franco giving up his right to the throne to marry Teresa? How’d it come to them becoming king and queen?

Dex-chan lover
@Twi - No. Before his mother got exiled, Franco threatened his mother with giving up his claim to the throne over her attempts to prevent him from marrying Theresa. His mother backed down. Franco never actually gave up his right to the throne

Double-page supporter
@Twi Marrying Teresa isn't why he was going to give up the throne. He didn't want to be King in the first place. ,The only reason he became king is because knew it was his responsibility and he wanted to protect Pedro. The main problem of this arc was that his mother, the second queen. She was a gigantic bitch and hated the first queen, Maria (she was childhood friends with the king, but he chose Maria as his first). Franco didn't want the responsibility of being king, but he certainly didn't want Maria or Pedro to die because of his mother. So the way everything worked out was for him to exile his mother, who was the person behind a number of assassination attempts. The other problem which lead to the naval battle had to do with the balance of power in the country. The Navy/Military backed Pedro, the first prince. The nobles back Franco, the second prince. Again because Pedro and Franco are on good terms the main resolution was to convince one of the military heads to back Franco and his requirement for that backing was to have Uraca, known as the Black Storm (and potential MC harem member), assist him in defeating a group of pirates who were hiding in a storm belt. Look up Catatumbo lightning if you want to know what the storm belt is like.

Hopefully that makes more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread