Isekai Tensei Soudouki - Vol. 5 Ch. 41

Double-page supporter
Then they go to war with Balud as a price. Think the Trojan War but with gender reversed.

Supporter
What. I refuse to believe that this is the last we'll see of pirate queen!

Group Leader
Oh.
I was expecting some kind of crude and dumb joke when I saw the prince crossdress in the wedding gown...
I wasn't expecting a genuinely touching moment with them revealing their true selves only to Balud.

Nicely done. This manga story is seriously good, too bad it updates only once every blue moon.

Double-page supporter
@aFFi The real tragedy is that the LN for this manga has no reliable English translator....I’ve seen the spoilers and I will say that everything so far will feel like a prologue to wats to come

Fed-Kun's army
@botodopo What trans "shit"?
There is none here. The manga was pretty clear in that they are only marrying Franco as the "wife" in order to avoid confusion(as in:https://mangadex.org/chapter/516964/9), because both characters are traps. There's none of that gender identity bullshit here.
Teresa is a reverse trap, Franco is a normal male that just happens to be more feminine in looks than most girls. He didn't change his image to look like that, nor does he address himself as being anything other than a male.

Dex-chan lover
@Pumpki i doubt it, im betting theyre gonna arrive home, and find her waiting for him inside his home or something like that (or maybe to be introduced by the king as an ambassador or something xD) they just have to get us/him to lower our/his guard a little first

Fed-Kun's army
@BloodySorcerer Botodopo is likely referring to a couple of different things:
*Chapters 29 and 30 where Teresa and Franco pretty damn explicitly embrace the whole trap/reverse trap thing.
*Little side remarks making an appearance through various chapters up to this point.
*9 solid pages of Chapter 41 where Franco is very obviously cross-dressing and taking the feminine role in this practice wedding, while both of Balud's alternate personalities are are not just openly approving, but actively berating Balud (a young heterosexual male from a conservative family) for not immediately understanding and approving of it.
*And that entirely unnecessary footnote at the end where, despite the sophistic lip service to "unknown impact", it explicitly comments on the "subsequent trap boom" (aka, immediately or shortly after the publishing of the book) in the future.

Also, I specifically want to address: you claim, "...nor does he address himself as being anything other than a male." That is factually inaccurate. Observe Chapter 30 page 3/20, in which Franco says, and I quote, "...thought that I would live the rest of my life lying to myself. But after meeting you and being treated like a princess rather than a prince, I truly felt joy for the first time in my life."

The author has the good sense to keep this whole thing a side story to Balud's mission, but (s)he is not being at all subtle about pushing the trap fetish when Teresa and Franco take center stage, and those of us who don't share that fetish find it very annoying when an otherwise good story starts devolving into magical realm territory. Hopefully, the footnote towards the end of this chapter indicates that this downward slide has been halted and will not continue.

Dex-chan lover
Holy sh*t that was all only over the span of a single month.

Well, the wedding ceremony and all that was sweet. Teresa being willing to "settle" for Balud is also funny.
Anyway, 8 kids, huh? Good for them. Seems kinda low, when I think about it.

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer I'm talking about the people trying to add trans shit in the comments, not the comic itself. i don't have any issue with the comic

Dex-chan lover
This chapter made me feel kilig all over the place, cause of Teresa and Franco.
They're so lovely

Fed-Kun's army
@ninjadork
I'll summarize it all in one sentence. You just interpreted it in your own way.
Much of these quotes of yours can also be seen as Franco getting tired of how his mother and everyone around dealt with him, he was sick and tired of having to compete with his brother, and so once Teresa treated him in a whole different way, that's when he was finally freed from his burdens.
Also Trap are neither gay nor trans, some of your arguments seem to imply that, even though you possibly had no intention of sounding like that. The meaning of Trap itself is neutral, some may be or align with the glittery side of the force, but these are individual character preferences and have nothing to do with the word(there are many trap characters out there who can prove this assumption wrong, like the MC from Brocken Blood for example, he's probably more heterosexual, than even the most macho looking character you'll ever know). I'd mind the way you treat the word if I were you. You may accidentaly start a flame war here.

Users who are viewing this thread