Isekai Walking - Vol. 5 Ch. 42 - A Gentle Lie

Dex-chan lover
Yep it's totally "best for the both of you" that you both hide your feelings and split up, likely to never see each other ever again because it's a large fantasy world with seemingly no communication magic and no means of quickly traveling between places as the manga has made it quite clear that journeys between towns take multiple days at a time. I get that Sora's concerned about this "gaze" but c'mon... you are about as close to Chris and her sister as you can be and you abandon the entire relationship?

I guess the author must have ran out of ideas about what to do with the current party but dumping two basically main characters after they've been together for over thirty-five chapters is a very strange move. With those two gone, the only actual characters in the story are what? Sora and the cloud spirit thing that doesn't talk?
Copium

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

It would be ironic if Rurika and Chris' childhood friends somehow ended up in the capital when Sora returns. :lol:

Dex-chan lover
Man, I REALLY FKING HOPE manga will go some other route and not follow the LN...

Dex-chan lover
Yep it's totally "best for the both of you" that you both hide your feelings and split up, likely to never see each other ever again because it's a large fantasy world with seemingly no communication magic and no means of quickly traveling between places as the manga has made it quite clear that journeys between towns take multiple days at a time. I get that Sora's concerned about this "gaze" but c'mon... you are about as close to Chris and her sister as you can be and you abandon the entire relationship?

I guess the author must have ran out of ideas about what to do with the current party but dumping two basically main characters after they've been together for over thirty-five chapters is a very strange move. With those two gone, the only actual characters in the story are what? Sora and the cloud spirit thing that doesn't talk?
Literally "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle"
But in there, MC need to Travel the Multiverse like KR Decade, to save their beloved one

Dex-chan lover
a spy? a stalker? it doesnt matter
the world is dangerous enough to kill you in a single encounter and you just choosing to leave
well it doesnt matter to me, it's you choosing anyway. but imho that's a dumb way to do
if you fall in love, take it and protect it, no matter the costs

Dex-chan lover
A sad chapter, but well made. There are still chapters to be read, I have hopes for this team.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, if this is a long story then I don't mind a possible reunion ark on later date.
Sometimes stories feel too compressed to show their true potential.
As name and premise of this manga, this is supposed to be about a journey, not fast-paced action.

Double-page supporter
Good lord the WN author is an idiot.

RIP Isekai Walking, at least the community built a nice scanlating group out of it.

Honestly, if this is a long story then I don't mind a possible reunion ark on later date.
Sometimes stories feel too compressed to show their true potential.
As name and premise of this manga, this is supposed to be about a journey, not fast-paced action.
You don't just abandon your travelling companions on a journey unless you're an asshole - no, this vague "bad vibe from some eyes only I can see that I know are hostile because uhhhhhhhhhhh" doesn't cut it as an excuse to abandon your closest friends.

If you want to get meta with it, the series is gearing up to lose the entirety of its character writing quality - MC is basically made tolerably interesting by osmosis from the two girls being interesting. Without them he's a weaker character from a writing perspective than the mute invisible cotton ball that follows him around. The thing he appears to care most deeply about is just whatever the plot requires - for example, the plot requires that an angry stare be sufficient to drive him and the girls apart, so for this sub-arc he cares more about the angry stare than his friends (the author does not make a convincing case for any risk to the two girls - in fact it is left so vague as to leave open the possibility that they are now in more danger after having lost an ally). We also see the author inadvertently revealing the MC to be a narcissist by his immediate conclusion that the evil eye is checking him out and him alone.

It's shit, man.

I really hope that they all eventually reunite (ML with FML and FML with her lost childhood friend).

Dex-chan lover
A lot of you forgot or didn't know that this title was treated as a joke when it was first TLed. To me, it has surpassed its jokey beginnings and punched above its weight as disposable isekai.

Dex-chan lover
This is such a tender and beautiful moment between them. They're alone seeing a beautiful view of the town, and they're sharing their feelings with each other. Chris thought that Sora would be shallow, and think of her as annoying. But Sora never thought of her like that! He treated her like any other person. And thanks to that, she matured, and started expressing herself in so many ways.

But Sora is scared that whatever is stalking him is dangerous. Both he and Chris want to continue their adventure together. They're both hiding things. But Chris wants to let him lie because she knows he wants to protect them.

It hurts to see the two of them alone together one last time. It's bittersweet. But the fact that it's bittersweet means I loved the story. So I'm excited to see more!

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
well they should have at least hold hands but i guess its harder to let go when you started it ..
who would have thought that something looking so light harted is going to be so sad

Mhm... Been feeling exactly like this chapter / ending, the last few weeks, months.

Dex-chan lover
That's some hamfisted bullshit. "Oh no, not the mysterious gaze at mah back! I can't endanger my two party members!"
Bro, who or whatever that gaze is has already realized that these two girls are close to you and if that gaze has malicious intentions it can way easier do you harm, by using the girls as hostages or whatever. Might as well stay with them. 3 people can better defend themselves than 2.
I hate this trope in manga, doujin or otherwise, "I will just make an important decision that will forever impact someone I love just based on some vague assumptions" its on the same level as "I hid something important because I was trying to protect you" BS and then it always comes back to bite them on their ass

Users who are viewing this thread