Isekai Walking - Vol. 7 Ch. 67 - The Girl's Name

Dex-chan lover
Is this... considered as slave trope?
Which trope? The slavery is good trope is a no. Slavery been in the story for a while now. The 2 female traveling companions were traveling looking for their childhood friends that they think were kidnapped and enslaved.

Dex-chan lover
Well to be exact:
It depends how they handle it in the manga but when he arrives in a city he learns that a Minor without Parents by law gets send to an orphanage ... which TERRIFIES the Girl (For reasons you can probably guess). The exception is she becomes his Possession as a "Special Slave" ... which more akin to indentured servitude with plenty rights at least until she is of ages and can get her own papers. He is still VERY uncomfortable with the whole thing but doesn't want to send her to the orphanage.
And yes, she is adorable and should get all the headpats
Can't he just declare her his kid sister (they have similar features after all) it just seems like a force way to make him have a slave for 5 years (or how ever long it takes for her to be of age)

Dex-chan lover
Can't he just declare her his kid sister (they have similar features after all) it just seems like a force way to make him have a slave for 5 years (or how ever long it takes for her to be of age)
It's probably harder to get documents and explain in the long run that they're siblings and why they're traveling, he says she's a slave probably nobody ask any questions since that's normal, he can just say he's an adventurer and his slave, but an adventurer, a dangerous profession thet can lead to death at any point, traveling with his 10 year old sister? Someone will sooner or later ask questions about what happened with their parents, why not leave her with a relative and so on.

At least that's the rationalization I expect.

Dex-chan lover
the urge to protect is strong. im already gathering my crusader gear in case we must go on one

Dex-chan lover
Hoo boy, Chris will NOT be happy.

And since this is a manga, it will be all Sora's fault. Even though it isn't.

Fed-Kun's army
Which trope? The slavery is good trope is a no. Slavery been in the story for a while now. The 2 female traveling companions were traveling looking for their childhood friends that they think were kidnapped and enslaved.
they probably ment the trope where, obviously slavery bad... but MC is different, a modern civilised man and he won't actually treat them like slaves so that makes it completely OK for them to keep one.

Dex-chan lover
I want to like that he gave her hope and a proper future, but the other 99% of my mind is thinking the same as everyone else; WHY DITCH TWO BEST GIRL COMPETITORS FOR A CHILD SLAVE? Sora keeps getting worse and worse. Bro better man the hell up and claim the other two next time they meet.

Dex-chan lover
Ya'll are overreacting, it's not like his last two parties are permanently out of the party, nor does it mean that he's gonna automatically fall in love with her or something...

Dex-chan lover
brother almost died three times in the span of a few hours and now is stuck taking care of a traumatized child inside a country that wants them both in a really " 3 meters below dirt" kinda energy, if it was me I'd... I would really start walking a bit faster not gonna lie

Dex-chan lover
oh god please no, we dont need the slave bullshit again. if the mc so much as thinks of laying a hand on this child i will personally isekai myself to kill him

Dex-chan lover
Don't you love when in isekais the answer to slavery is more slavery or basically the rescuer version of Stockholm syndrome?

Dex-chan lover
It's probably harder to get documents and explain in the long run that they're siblings and why they're traveling, he says she's a slave probably nobody ask any questions since that's normal, he can just say he's an adventurer and his slave, but an adventurer, a dangerous profession thet can lead to death at any point, traveling with his 10 year old sister? Someone will sooner or later ask questions about what happened with their parents, why not leave her with a relative and so on.

At least that's the rationalization I expect.
Wait Sora has valid papers other then his guild card? Not going to go so far as to say such paperwork doesn't exist in a fantasy medieval world, but usually it isn't too hard to spoof, or work around if the author remembers its a valid option.

That being said, I sure most authors just go with the "slavery" option because it's easy and they can't be arsed to put in any real effort.

Dex-chan lover
seriously the kingdom is beyond fucc up.
i thought she's at least 14-15

but 10? the demon has all the right to obliterated them

Dex-chan lover
So now hes walking around with a 10 year old slavegirl instead of the 2 best girls, aint no way
I mean, it is a isekai manga in 2024. Adding slavegirls to the plot is just the author going through the generic “what fans expect” checklist Over in Japan.

It is actually a fairly well executed take on this so far, could have done ithout the pedo bait in the last few chapters though, if she is avtually ten (or did thw author impky she does not remember anything after the age od 10 due to the mask?)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

"Let's create some new memories together"
That's some trigger for some romcom series or something. But yeah, no isekai would be complete without the MC taking in young slave girl (who also have some nice combat abilities). Will the demon lord be also a loli as well? I am guessing the only way to go is to be friends with the demon lord because humans are scum in wherever isekai world one might go.

Dex-chan lover
Wait Sora has valid papers other then his guild card? Not going to go so far as to say such paperwork doesn't exist in a fantasy medieval world, but usually it isn't too hard to spoof, or work around if the author remembers its a valid option.
That's actually a good point I forgot, I think he actually never had any document besides his guild car, so there goes that part of my rationalization.
That being said, I sure most authors just go with the "slavery" option because it's easy and they can't be arsed to put in any real effort.
I'm pretty sure most authors use slavery for basically three reasons
  • It's "safe" since the girls won't betray the protagonist, especially if it's magical slavery
  • Having girls fawning over you and doing whatever you want as the reason for their existence
  • Simple power trip of literally owning a person
It's not without reason that vast majority of slave female characters are in harem series, especially isekais.

I feel in this case it's not as bad though, Sora already has two established love interest, established dislike for slavery, so it's more of a question of how poorly it's executed.

I think it's more a question of execution because in vast majority of examples the slavery is an afterthought and the protagonist always ignores it even if they're from modern Japan.
seriously the kingdom is beyond fucc up.
i thought she's at least 14-15
If you only knew from reading spoilers... :notlikethis:
but 10? the demon has all the right to obliterated them
That she's me wonder how long until the kingdom do gets obliterated

Dex-chan lover
i believesome spoilered in early chapter comments that the kingdom basically ends up enslaving the heroes and breeds them for slave agents also, so she probablya chiled from the previousgroup of summon heroes
Wasn't hero possess extraordinary power? How does the kingdom so easily slave them?

Users who are viewing this thread