Tanbo de Hirotta Onna Kishi, Inaka de Ore no Yome da to Omowareteiru - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Living Together With The Female Knight

Dex-chan lover
Self-congratulatory Japanese aside, why is this so much better than the other story with similar premise? The guy comes across as less jaded and mean, the girl is infinitely cuter in personality. Part of it is the art style to be sure, but I just like their character dynamic more.

The lack of weird facial expressions certainly helps.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, this is one of most nonsensical japanese self-jerk I've ever seen.

Dex-chan lover
I'm kind of disappointed with the fact that the knight seems stupid. I understand that the common sense in this world is different from hers but you'd think that a knight (basing it off of medieval Europe it being a pretty high and well of position) would be capable of more critical thought. But I feel like it's framing it in the same way every other Isekai does it where the hero knows best and all the woman side characters fall helplessly in love etc. etc. etc...
Every time a manga involves people from a long time ago or from a different country or world they are always played as completely backwards and stupid, it's just the normal cultural supremacy stuff that the West also did when it was Empire building for hundreds of years. It's a normal but sad human thing.

Like, the example I always find hilarious is when they go to a medieval society that's equivalent to our 1500-1600's era, and teach them about water pumps and stuff that has been around since before 300 BCE. Like, how stupid do they think ancient people's were and how new do they think some of these advancements are? Oh I know, I'll teach these people from the 1600's how to use a Pulley wheel system (invented in 1500 BCE or so)!

Double-page supporter
There is technically still an independent knight order that she could join. Though less monster slaying, more humanitarian work. It would definitely be wild if the author decided to go in that direction though.
I didn't realize the Knights Hospitaller were still a thing. They sound like badasses from what I read, just not in the violent way.

Users who are viewing this thread