Isekai Walking - Vol. 8 Ch. 70 - Slave Contract

Dex-chan lover
This is totally a thing that happened and not a MAGA circlejerk.
There was at least one case where that happened. The wild thing was the one that reported the older one was his own Parents. It actually made the news in my Country.
Also this was early 2000 so long before this Maga thing started. I'm a little on the older side.

Dex-chan lover
I’m not able to argue that well, some may say because I have nothing to argue against it. But I’m still fine with it. She was too underage to get a registration so she’d have to go to an orphanage, if she got abused he’d probably get caught similar to how a parent abusing their child would get caught. I don’t know exactly how the magic works but before the mask is what controlled her but she doesn’t have the mask so I don’t think she’d be controlable like before. And even tho she just escaped she has no memory of before and doesn’t know what to do with her life so she stayed with Sora. It was her choice. What would any of you all have done? Left her at the orphanage? Then blaming the author who made the world but in medieval times slavery was normal. There’s forms of it still around now, it isn’t called slavery but might as well be.

I thought this chapter would help with all the chatter but guess it didn’t

Dex-chan lover
There was at least one case where that happened. The wild thing was the one that reported the older one was his own Parents. It actually made the news in my Country.
Also this was early 2000 so long before this Maga thing started. I'm a little on the older side.
MAGA is just the latest name for something that's been around for a long time - a kind of reactive, truth-ignoring rightwingery hellbent on convincing suckers the world is rapidly going to shit and their autocratic strong daddy figure is the only chance we have to save it. You pretending 18yos cannot normally date their 17yo classmates is an example.

Group Leader
MAGA is just the latest name for something that's been around for a long time - a kind of reactive, truth-ignoring rightwingery hellbent on convincing suckers the world is rapidly going to shit and their autocratic strong daddy figure is the only chance we have to save it. You pretending 18yos cannot normally date their 17yo classmates is an example.
The ones pretending 18-year-olds can't date someone 17 years old aren't right-wingers.
Also, the world is a lot bigger than just the United States, but unfortunately it appears many Americans simply can't comprehend that there are entirely different worldviews outside of America, much less the notion about cultural colonialism that Americans seem to be fond of imposing on others.

Group Leader
I know. You seem confused. Also I'm not American so I'll just ignore your rant.
Strange for a non-American to be misusing a term that is intrinsically linked to American politics, especially when you are clearly clueless about politics in general.

Dex-chan lover
I think there is a misunderstanding there. I don't agree with it and definitely don't think that. I think the whole thing was utterly stupid and what the parents of the 18 year old did was vile. It was more a case of "Oh god yeah I think I remember this totally stupid thing".
:EDIT: Thinking about it I could have been more clear in my initial post that it was something I don't agree with. Probably in my mindset parents suing their own son because ... well that was obviously something nobody would agree with but I forget what kind of people are on the internet so clarification is always good.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
lmao 1.5 chapters from the author dedicated to justifying why he simply HAS to magically enslave and collar a little girl. no way to just adopt or take guardianship over a minor, that's silly, it's GOTTA be slavery

Dex-chan lover
Once again, a whole bunch of kids (at least mentally) come in here with half-baked ideas about slavery being evil while not being able to actually comprehend the reality of the vast majority of history where, prior to industrialisation and capitalism, extreme poverty in the world was at about 94% compared to around 10% today. This shows that the education they received taught them how to recognise words, and it even taught them what to think, but it clearly has never taught them how to think. Let's start by someone trying to explain the moral basis for saying that slavery is bad. Clearly, you can't just begin with "slavery is bad, just because".
Slavery is evil. You don't need any arguments

Last edited:
Group Leader
Slavery is evil. You don't need any arguments
What a terribly naive thing to say. You clearly don't even know what is your actual basis for good and evil, you're just assuming that your societal values are good by default, which is suitable only for those who literally can't think for themselves.

Dex-chan lover
What a terribly naive thing to say. You clearly don't even know what is your actual basis for good and evil, you're just assuming that your societal values are good by default, which is suitable only for those who literally can't think for themselves.
I guess I could tell you to go kill yourself. Societal values be damned huh ? Just because you need to defend something that humans have always seen as evil.

Dex-chan lover
You guys kept going and coming about slavery, but I don't know man, the slave dealer sounded pretty reasonable, with very convincing and flawless arguments, not sure why anyone would see him as biased, maybe slavery actually  is pretty cool, just imagine a little girl serving your every command :finnawoke:

Dex-chan lover
I guess I could tell you to go kill yourself. Societal values be damned huh ? Just because you need to defend something that humans have always seen as evil.
Humans have  not always seen slavery as evil, at various points in history and at many places people have accepted slavery as normal and as a fact of life.

Also, saying "humans have always seen as evil" is nothing but pure nonsense, doesn't matter if it's over something good, neutral or evil, the human race has never once agreed on a single thing, there's always people in favor and against.

By our modern western standards slavery is evil yes, but morality is not absolute, it changes based on time, place and culture, so to say humans always have agreed on it is not just naivete, but ignorance of human history and nature.

I think a much more valid criticism is that by making the character a slave the writer made her very dull and lackluster instead of writing a character that has her own judgement and moral values, then we would have a person who doesn't align completely with the protagonist yet still have some relation.

Group Leader
You can say that, although there are people who believe that even the mere thought of wanting someone to kill themselves is evil, which makes you evil in their eyes. It's like you don't even know that "societal values" are different for every society, which is why they're called societal values. You're just making an ass out of yourself by assuming that your societal values are universal. And when you say that slavery is "something that humans have always seen as evil" you show yourself to be nothing more than a naive child and an ignorant fool in your understanding of human history.

Group Leader
I think a much more valid criticism is that by making the character a slave the writer made her very dull and lackluster instead of writing a character that has her own judgement and moral values, then we would have a person who doesn't align completely with the protagonist yet still have some relation.
Wait, you think a slave cannot have their own judgement and moral values?

Fed-Kun's army
I saw the number of comments and oh boy, I knew shit will happen.
Also: we were given the justification for all types of slavery aside from the special kind which is the one that is relevant here. :kek:
Also also: 'its fine cause ex-brainwashed, barely functional lolly wanted it.' :kek: :kek:

Wait, you think a slave cannot have their own judgement and moral values?
Well yes, a slave is someone without a will nor a judgment of his own he can not disgree or act contrary to his owner's will. He could have his own judgment and moral values but as long as he remains a slave, he would not be able to apply them so without the ability to act upon them they are meaningless.

I've said 'as long as he remains a slave' when he disobeys or act against his owner, he is no longer a slave. One must differentiate between a 'legal' slave and a mental slave, the first can try to be free or die trying or turn into the latter in which he loses his will completely. Spartacus is a prime example of a 'legal' slave who freed himself, yet not all slaves are like him otherwise there wouldn't be any.

Users who are viewing this thread