Isekai Walking - Vol. 8 Ch. 70 - Slave Contract

Dex-chan lover
Your argument is entirely "stop whining about the content I enjoy, let me turn my brain off!" That's fine for you, nobody is going to force you to think. The rest of us can actually discuss in this discussion thread. Nobody is forcing you to be here defending a guy whose idea of a compelling plot point is "Slavery is actually good for the slaves, because umm... it's fantasy!" There are in fact limits to my suspension of disbelief.

And no, I don't expect Aruku Hito himself to see this exact post and go "Wow, this random dude on a random Western site was so right, I'll stop writing garbage!" That doesn't mean the things we're talking about don't have value. Sentiment builds one post at a time, and communication between western and eastern fanbases has never been higher than it is today. How else are we supposed to express that certain plot points are tasteless and uninspired than making posts calling them out? If I can't convince Aruku Hito, then maybe I can convince some other westerner, and they'll convince someone else, and so on and so forth. And maybe that'll be enough people to stop buying slave harem schlock and they'll stop writing it.
You people do this same discussion almost every singly fucking time there's slavery in isekai, achieved nothing before, neither today, won't tomorrow.

As for being tasteless and uninspired, irrelevant in fiction anything, your "maybe stop people from buying x" is laughable, you're  never going to achieve thst because half the population or more will never give a fuck and take it as serious as you do, if you don't like it then don't consume it, most people knows its fiction so it doesn't matter.

Also, don't forget western makert is utterly irrelevant, Japanese people will never stop consuming it, and it's not some filthy gaijin who will convince them otherwise, ever.

Dex-chan lover
Your argument is entirely "stop whining about the content I enjoy, let me turn my brain off!" That's fine for you, nobody is going to force you to think. The rest of us can actually discuss in this discussion thread. Nobody is forcing you to be here defending a guy whose idea of a compelling plot point is "Slavery is actually good for the slaves, because umm... it's fantasy!" There are in fact limits to my suspension of disbelief.

And no, I don't expect Aruku Hito himself to see this exact post and go "Wow, this random dude on a random Western site was so right, I'll stop writing garbage!" That doesn't mean the things we're talking about don't have value. Sentiment builds one post at a time, and communication between western and eastern fanbases has never been higher than it is today. How else are we supposed to express that certain plot points are tasteless and uninspired than making posts calling them out? If I can't convince Aruku Hito, then maybe I can convince some other westerner, and they'll convince someone else, and so on and so forth. And maybe that'll be enough people to stop buying slave harem schlock and they'll stop writing it.
Honestly the main thing that annoyed me in this scene is that they bothered to have a whole ass sequence where they explained that which means the author actually thought out this excuse. Or at least have the MC's inner thoughts go "... dude what Bullshit is this guy saying" but instead our MC accepted it.
Funny that with the "well actually, slavery's good" speech, he talks about everything except special slaves, where there really doesn't seem to be a point (beyond this manga deciding guardianship doesn't exist).

Makes it smell a lot like he's gonna get an actual slave in the future, lmao.
He does. He buys the Childhood Friend though. My mind is hazy if he straight out free's her though or if there was another round of "She's still a slave because reasons".

Contributor
Lol, arguing for pages (often the same 4-5 people) in fake fictional worlds like is reality never cease to amaze me, sure people like to whine about such trivial things like they matter, but well, more power of them, this is also a different form to kill the time. :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
Type out this exact message for me and we can be done with it: "I'm okay with slavery apologetics in manga."

Personally, I think all slavery apologetics are bad and I don't like seeing it presented uncritically in manga and when it is, which is too often, that is a good reason to criticize it.
Type out this exact message for me and we can be done with it: "I can't separate fiction from reality, nor deal with the fact that some people can ignore things I dislike."

Dex-chan lover
You people do this same discussion almost every singly fucking time there's slavery in isekai, achieved nothing before, neither today, won't tomorrow.

As for being tasteless and uninspired, irrelevant in fiction anything, your "maybe stop people from buying x" is laughable, you're  never going to achieve thst because half the population or more will never give a fuck and take it as serious as you do, if you don't like it then don't consume it, most people knows its fiction so it doesn't matter.

Also, don't forget western makert is utterly irrelevant, Japanese people will never stop consuming it, and it's not some filthy gaijin who will convince them otherwise, ever.
We aren't trying to achieve anything. We are discussing it. And in a discussion it's perfectly fine to express your distaste for something. Just because we can't change it doesn't mean we don't think it's still terrible stupid.

Dex-chan lover
I came to see the kvetching about slavery, and I was not disappointed! Get filtered, suckers!
Which side you're filtering? :finnawoke:
Lol, arguing for pages (often the same 4-5 people) in fake fictional worlds like is reality never cease to amaze me, sure people like to whine about such trivial things like they matter, but well, more power of them, this is also a different form to kill the time. :ROFLMAO:
Some people does see it too seriously unfortunately.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Excuse me, I'm sorry, has the battle about slavery started yet?
519618_QVoHngjfNO_dyaaaghlboa_960.jpg

Dex-chan lover
We aren't trying to achieve anything. We are discussing it. And in a discussion it's perfectly fine to express your distaste for something. Just because we can't change it doesn't mean we don't think it's still terrible stupid.
Showing distaste is fine, but it always devolves into a us vs them fight, with sooner or later someone demonizing japanese writers because somehow they  must be in favor of slavery, and anyone who doesn't agree the manga is doing it bad must also be a bad person in favor of slavery.

Dex-chan lover
Let's be real here, and I mean actually real, vast majority of japanese writers and readers don't think or care about those details, they simply want a entertaining story, and most of the time will go through a list of cliches staple to whatever genre they write, every single fucking time.
Really? How do you know this to be true? Are you a Japanese author? Can you cite your sources, please?

Also, just for clarification. Are you saying that portraying slavery in a positive light is alright when used for the purpose of entertainment?

Contributor
Also, just for clarification. Are you saying that portraying slavery in a positive light is alright when used for the purpose of entertainment?
Yes, absolutely, since is not real but fake entertainment, so everything is possible, even something you do not like. I read must worse hentai that this, but they have the rights to exist like you have the rights to drop if you do not like it. It's called personal choices and individual freedom. Nothing wrong with it.
If our personal tastes start to derail stories or prevent author to write what they like, is just censorship, and more over what is wrong for you can be perfectly fine with me, i have a different moral and ethics standards. This is why we have different stories and genres across fictions.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Really? How do you know this to be true? Are you a Japanese author? Can you cite your sources, please?
My proof is that trashy isekais sell like hot cakes, no matter how much western readers whine it's garbage that should be cancelled.
Anything is valid in fiction, literally anything, what do you people don't understand about freedom of speech and expression? If you don't like the message you don't consume it, simple as that.

Dex-chan lover
Type out this exact message for me and we can be done with it: "I can't separate fiction from reality, nor deal with the fact that some people can ignore things I dislike."
Again, the justifications for slavery used in this piece of fiction is identical to actual justifications used throughout history. Even very recent history. I have read fantasy and historical fiction by decent where slavery exists as a fact of life. What they didn't do was take out two pages outlining how their version of slavery was good. You're free to ignore it. You're also free not to talk down to people who rightfully see it as an issue.
Yes, absolutely, since is not real but fake entertainment, so everything is possible. I read must worse hentai that this, but they have the rights to exist like you have the rights to drop if you do not like it. It's called personal choices and individual freedom. Nothing wrong with it.
For the record, I fully support everyone's right to free expression. It's hard sometimes but thems the breaks. All the same, we are also allowed to freely express how some things are gross and not immune to criticism just because they're a work of fiction. Not all of us are completely braindead.

Contributor
For the record, I fully support everyone's right to free expression. It's hard sometimes but thems the breaks. All the same, we are also allowed to freely express how some things are gross and not immune to criticism just because they're a work of fiction. Not all of us are completely braindead.
Yes, you can criticize what you dislike, is your rigth, but people should never force their opinions over the artists, bashing or insulting them, they have the freedom to create the rauchy and immoral stories they want since everyone have the choice to read or not to read it. Is not something forcefull or unavoidable, is a matter of personal tastes since fictions and art are personally subjective.

Dex-chan lover
Again, the justifications for slavery used in this piece of fiction is identical to actual justifications used throughout history. Even very recent history. I have read fantasy and historical fiction by decent where slavery exists as a fact of life. What they didn't do was take out two pages outlining how their version of slavery was good. You're free to ignore it. You're also free not to talk down to people who rightfully see it as an issue.
You're free to see it as issue and express it, and people are free to take issues with how you express yourself, especially if you start making accusations.
Not immune to criticism, but when you start acting like a self righteous asshole and everyone who disagree with you is bad, you can't complain when people attack back against you.

Point, accusing me of having "motives" to "defend" slavery, and saying not all of us are braindead, outright saying you're a "deep thinker" or whatever while the rest of us are too stupid so we ignore the eeeevil issue.

Say what you want, but say shit you'll get heat, don't whine because you got consequences for offending people.

Users who are viewing this thread