Isekai Walking - Vol. 8 Ch. 70 - Slave Contract

Dex-chan lover
You're free to see it as issue and express it, and people are free to take issues with how you express yourself, especially if you start making accusations.

Not immune to criticism, but when you start acting like a self righteous asshole and everyone who disagree with you is bad, you can't complain when people attack back against you.

Point, accusing me of having "motives" to "defend" slavery, and saying not all of us are braindead, outright saying you're a "deep thinker" or whatever while the rest of us are too stupid so we ignore the eeeevil issue.

Say what you want, but say shit you'll get heat, don't whine because you got consequences for offending people.
You're free to not go to bat for the slavery apologetics manga.

TEU

Dex-chan lover
ITT
Screenshot-1.png

Dex-chan lover
Yes, you can criticize what you dislike, is your rigth, but people should never force their opinions over the artists, bashing or insulting them, they have the freedom to create the rauchy and immoral stories they want since everyone have the choice to read or not to read it. Is not something forcefull or unavoidable, is a matter of personal tastes since fictions and art are personally subjective.
If that was what's happening here you might have a teensy bit of a point.

Dex-chan lover
If that was what's happening here you might have a teensy bit of a point.
Your argument don't exactly have credibility when you accuse the manga, and by proxy the author, of slavery apologia, and also accusing others because they dare to not take issues with it.
You're free to be wrong. And is that what you think you're doing? lmao no one here is threatening anyone's freedom of speech you bozo.
You're also free to be wrong, mister "my opinion is the only right and anyone who disagrees is wrong", since that's exactly your attitude.

Dex-chan lover
Anything is valid in fiction, literally anything. What do you people not understand about of freedom of speech and expression? If you don't like the message you don't consume it, simple as that.
I suppose I can agree with that. I think that ultimately my problem with slavery being glorified in manga is how commonplace it has become and what that implies about the broader societal view of slavery in Japan. The fact that so many authors are choosing to put slavery in their stories is disturbing to me. Just because they can put slavery in the story, it doesn't mean they should. In this case it doesn't even really make sense story wise.

Dex-chan lover
I suppose I can agree with that. I think that ultimately my problem with slavery being glorified in manga is how commonplace it has become and what that implies about the broader societal view of slavery in Japan. The fact that so many authors are choosing to put slavery in their stories is disturbing to me. Just because they can put slavery in the story, it doesn't mean they should. In this case it doesn't even really make sense story wise.
No I absolutely agree with you actually, I also hate just how poorly thought slavery, among many other cliches really, are used without any thought, especially because something like magic slavery  could be a fairly interesting story all by itself if thought deep enough.

The thing is that I know those mangas are never made to be taken seriously, it's not like a lot of western media that sometimes they want us to think, manga is extremely streamlined, following the same staples again and again because they know that as long as it is good enough it will absolutely sell.

You guys need to understand Japanese mentality, they don't want to think, for the most part they simply want escapism from the crushing social expectations, job and so on, it's why isekai sell so well, since it's pure power fantasy for self insert a lot of the time.

The sad reality is that most mangas are made with intention of turning your brain off and just enjoy the show.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, hope we see the purification one updated next for more doggos lol

lol even if ciel looks marshmallow-like idk how many others would consider it 'yummy' looking, other than it just being similar to rabbits they eat XD
Purification should be out soon as well

You won't be disappointed with the amount of doggos :win:

Dex-chan lover
That's literally how slavery worked for over 5,000 years before slavery got abolished less than 200 years ago because everyone was horrified at how the Americans were abusing slaves.
It wasn't the americans that horrified them, in fact the american slaves had it better than some nations, look at how slaves were treated in south america where the literally worked them to death because it was cheaper to buy new slaves then treat them for example.
People love to talk about how bad american slaves had it, but that's not why the us has the stigma, it's because the us was the last western nation to outlaw it.

Oh and slavery is still widely practiced outside of the west btw, usually not in the open except in north africa and china though, but it's still far too common, most of the world's governments tend to ignore it when they should put work into stomping it out completely.

Dex-chan lover
Save slave assassin girl
Turn her back into a slave anyways because the plot says so
Couldn't walk away from it I guess :lol:
Honestly like what is the pay off of this plot point going to be? Or is it just the usual Isekai quota?

Dex-chan lover
I burst out laughing with the... Oh, everyone already noted that silly justification for slavery. Still, it was so damn funny that I couldn't stop laughing. What terrible writing lol.

I understand and can reason with the concept of prisoner/criminal and I guess debt slavery (similar to imprisonment for debt which is a thing), it's something that somewhat makes sense in a historical setting where there's no proper state run prison system and there wouldn't be resources for it. (prisons like we know them are quite a new invention)

But all the bullshit about how it's "good for you" or this entire special voluntary slave thing is hilariously dumb, it's a punishment after all.

Double-page supporter
There's little difference between crafting a fantasy world where slavery is ok and just straight-up slavery apologetics.
There's all the difference in the world, since depiction is not endorsement. It's incredibly boring when the utterances of any character in a fictional world are interpreted as what the author really thinks in real life: If a manga features a character who offers a justification for killing criminals, we don't lambast the author for wanting to instate real-life vigilantism; if a character hates women, we don't hound the author because clearly they must hate women in real life. In exactly the same way, a story can feature slavery and characters sympathetic to it without the author justifying real life slavery. Requiring authors to only feature 'acceptable' ideas in their works is merely stifling creativity.

Users who are viewing this thread