Isekai Yakkyoku - Ch. 52 - Brother's Intention

Supporter
My bet: the brother has some curable/treatable disease/condition and thinks it's impossible to cure/treat because no one up to this point could aid him and doesn't want his little brother to worry about him.... despite knowing his brother is a God level healer the likes the world has never seen. Yah I really hope I'm wrong because that's some Z tier pointless drama manufacturing.

Overall it's still a good managa but I really hope it pivots away from this generic battle stuff back to my favorite genre, generic fluffy comedy :dogkek:

Keep up the great work scanlators!

Dex-chan lover
Just had another manga say the mc regretted something later on.
But I am happy this one had mc regret it at that time instead (present tense). Particularly as that means he then decided to take a look anyway this chapter.

Though not like there ever was any issue - with his dad being such a renowned pharmacist he obviously told him if he had some illness (even without that status, the fact he is the heir apparent means he would tell the dad so the dad knows to ensure the spare heir is valid), and the dad then would have told mc if it was anything serious.
Unless he is bullied. Might just be bruises from that.

Dex-chan lover
Between the cheap excuses that keep changing as holes are poked into them, and the fatalistic statements during their training, it's obvious that these bruises are a sign of disease that Palle and possibly others medical professionals in this world think as untreatable.
It's a cliche that can work in some cases, but it's also very infuriating when the patient keeps covering things up when we, as readers, know that's a stupid idea.

Dex-chan lover
How are people on this chapter and not aware that he's "terminally" ill. It's not a spoiler; it happened like 4 chapters back.

In any case, still think the older brother sucks even if he's dying. "Dying suddenly and secretly because of my disease, and leaving everyone who wasn't aware of my illness with massive regrets about what they would've done with our last moments together is definitely the best way instead of telling people."

Fed-Kun's army
My bet: the brother has some curable/treatable disease/condition and thinks it's impossible to cure/treat because no one up to this point could aid him and doesn't want his little brother to worry about him.... despite knowing his brother is a God level healer the likes the world has never seen. Yah I really hope I'm wrong because that's some Z tier pointless drama manufacturing.

Overall it's still a good managa but I really hope it pivots away from this generic battle stuff back to my favorite genre, generic fluffy comedy :dogkek:

Keep up the great work scanlators!
"doesn't want his little brother to worry about him.... despite knowing his brother is a God level healer the likes the world has never seen."
You are wrong, the whole chapter was trying to hammer the point home that Palle, the brother, doesn't know shit about the MC being a god tier healer, he thinks his brother has the knowledge of a 12 year old.

Dex-chan lover
This entire arc is why keeping secrets is generally a bad idea.

Well, technically, having to fight alone would be an emergency.

Nah, training will not always bring results, especially if you push yourself so much you get injured. That will lead to setbacks since you can't train while you recover. But if you have healing magic... Well, then the body might not get stronger while healing on its own.

And this crap, "At that time..." foreshadowing. I mean, we all know by now, but it's still a sign of bad writing.

That's a cute winter outfit.

Someone who's focused on his own power wouldn't spend that amount of effort making his brother stronger. They really shouldn't judge him by the usual standards.

So, with him there, how long are they going to keep the lie up?

But I am happy this one had mc regret it at that time instead (present tense). Particularly as that means he then decided to take a look anyway this chapter.
I don't think it matters. It's still the same storytelling device, and it still gives me the impression that it's all about the later consequences rather than just at that specific time, since he showed absolutely no regret.

Supporter
"doesn't want his little brother to worry about him.... despite knowing his brother is a God level healer the likes the world has never seen."
You are wrong, the whole chapter was trying to hammer the point home that Palle, the brother, doesn't know shit about the MC being a god tier healer, he thinks his brother has the knowledge of a 12 year old.
He knows he's a "God art's" user, and there is a zero percent chance he did hear that the little bro is the personal healer to the empress herself.

I get that the Mc and his dad said 'let's be hush hush' but the universe doesn't exist in a vacuum. All the things with the super hospital making waves in the medical community, emperical recognition, plague, church, bathhouse, etc he  should have heard about. There's really no reason he wouldn't have.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it matters. It's still the same storytelling device, and it still gives me the impression that it's all about the later consequences rather than just at that specific time, since he showed absolutely no regret.
Are you trying to claim it was a tl error (that it should have been "regret later"), and not at all him showing regret in those panels, and we didn't see him instantly checking his brother for illnesses and fixing the issue before leaving?!? :wtf: Can't be!
:smug:
Thank you for the update
Thanks for the update
So apparently if you click reply to a comment edited between then and later then, it tries to give you the edited comment instead of what you saw.

How are people on this chapter and not aware that he's "terminally" ill. It's not a spoiler; it happened like 4 chapters back.

In any case, still think the older brother sucks even if he's dying. "Dying suddenly and secretly because of my disease, and leaving everyone who wasn't aware of my illness with massive regrets about what they would've done with our last moments together is definitely the best way instead of telling people."
To add to this, how you mentor and motivate people, in my opinion, matters far more than why you want to do it, even if it's for a "good cause". It's why the proverb about good intentions even exist.

You want to train your siblings to toughen them up? Arguably good intentions. Doing so to the point of risking injury and potential fratricide? Absolutely mental.

But at least he's doing it due to (somewhat) realistic concerns. Learning this chapter about MC keeping secrets (badly) for the sake of fee-fees, then also not using his diagnostic powers because... plot(???) is another level of stupid entirely.

He knows he's a "God art's" user, and there is a zero percent chance he did hear that the little bro is the personal healer to the empress herself.

I get that the Mc and his dad said 'let's be hush hush' but the universe doesn't exist in a vacuum. All the things with the super hospital making waves in the medical community, emperical recognition, plague, church, bathhouse, etc he  should have heard about. There's really no reason he wouldn't have.
Only the high ranking nobles knew he treated the queen. And all the MC's achievements were done anonymously because he didn't want to stand out. The church also never made any statements about the MC because requested the priest not to.

So unless someone in the know told him, it is impossible for the brother to know.

Users who are viewing this thread