Isekai Yakkyoku - Ch. 52 - Brother's Intention

Fed-Kun's army
He knows he's a "God art's" user, and there is a zero percent chance he did hear that the little bro is the personal healer to the empress herself.

I get that the Mc and his dad said 'let's be hush hush' but the universe doesn't exist in a vacuum. All the things with the super hospital making waves in the medical community, emperical recognition, plague, church, bathhouse, etc he  should have heard about. There's really no reason he wouldn't have.
"He knows he's a "God art's" user"
so? basically everyone in this series is a god art's user, that just means possessing the ability to do magic, every noble and employee is one. AND, being able to use water magic, doesn't mean that he could cure an incurable illness that a doctor(the brother) has given up on trying to cure/prevent.

To add to this, how you mentor and motivate people, in my opinion, matters far more than why you want to do it, even if it's for a "good cause". It's why the proverb about good intentions even exist.

You want to train your siblings to toughen them up? Arguably good intentions. Doing so to the point of risking injury and potential fratricide? Absolutely mental.

But at least he's doing it due to (somewhat) realistic concerns. Learning this chapter about MC keeping secrets (badly) for the sake of fee-fees, then also not using his diagnostic powers because... plot(???) is another level of stupid entirely.
He's a muscle head with no common sense but he is holding back.

Group Leader
me looking at the comment in case someone can guess Palle sickness because he's 100% sick with something terminal

me looking at the comment in case someone can guess Palle sickness because he's 100% sick with something terminal
Iirc, it was leukemia hence the bruising and reduced stamina luckily it was still early stages and treatable just not with their medicine.

Last edited:
Supporter
Only the high ranking nobles knew he treated the queen. And all the MC's achievements were done anonymously because he didn't want to stand out. The church also never made any statements about the MC because requested the priest not to.

So unless someone in the know told him, it is impossible for the brother to know.
Dang if only his whole family was high ranking nobles

Dex-chan lover
He knows he's a "God art's" user, and there is a zero percent chance he did hear that the little bro is the personal healer to the empress herself.

I get that the Mc and his dad said 'let's be hush hush' but the universe doesn't exist in a vacuum. All the things with the super hospital making waves in the medical community, emperical recognition, plague, church, bathhouse, etc he  should have heard about. There's really no reason he wouldn't have.
No names though, all those achievements are attributed to organizations, or passed onto his father. At worst the Medicine God gets credit.

Group Leader
After some googling I found it's either Leukemia or TBC(I doubt this one because he doesn't have cough of death moment), if I'm right whenever the next chapter posted (or someone know from the novel), please quote my post.

I imagine somehow the brother is treatable, but I think even in modern era Leukemia is a hard and long process if curable. If it's actually treatable in medieval fantasy, it's gonna take some high level science bullshitting (or maybe they just straight up using magic to punch the illness away)

Dex-chan lover
After some googling I found it's either Leukemia or TBC(I doubt this one because he doesn't have cough of death moment), if I'm right whenever the next chapter posted (or someone know from the novel), please quote my post.

I imagine somehow the brother is treatable, but I think even in modern era Leukemia is a hard and long process if curable. If it's actually treatable in medieval fantasy, it's gonna take some high level science bullshitting (or maybe they just straight up using magic to punch the illness away)
That "high level science bullshitting" (or straight up magic) is MC previously used ability to say "delete [substance]" and have it physically "deleted". He did this with "water molecule" while under deep water and the water not only vanished, but continued vanishing.
While he has used his previous life's knowledge to physically make medicine, he literally doesn't have to do so, so long as he exists, because he can just "delete" the disease (i.e. AIDS? "Delete AIDS" and it's just gone from the body). Coupled with his ability to immediately identify any "ailment" he knows about by looking between his index and middle fingers (and narrowing it down from more broad categories - he could literally look at his brother and say "cancer", brother would light up, then start naming cancers to determine which one - he's done this before as well) so long as the "ailment" existed in the history of his original world he could "cure" it by simply "removing" it.

The reason that he doesn't simply always do this is because when he dies, or disappears via some other reason, the ability goes with him, so he knows that it is vastly better for him to introduce the kind of medicine and procedures that existed in his original world.

Dex-chan lover

As @CountryMage, as well as one other, have said or implied, MC doesn't want credit for everything or nearly anything he has done. He has the typical Japanese mindset of keeping a low profile because fame is embarrassing (it's not exactly that, but close enough for argument sake). Because of this literally the only people who know about the things that he is capable of are those who were there at the time and those he is incapable of not keeping it a secret from (i.e. the queen, his father, and very few others). This is because he requests or outright tells them to keep it a secret (through various means, including saying someone else did it).
Because the queen is in on the secret and has agreed to keep it so the other high ranking nobility that do know are required to keep their mouths shut. @NextOrder points this out. You later respond that "his entire family is high ranking nobility" but that is wrong. His father is nobility (as is his mother, but I can't remember if she's still alive, and for the purpose of this it doesn't matter), the children are not. They are "children of high ranking nobility," which isn't sophistry or "the same," because the "child of a noble" inherits the nobility of the parent (when they die or retire) OR earns their own nobility separately.
Regardless of being the "heir apparent" (meaning "one assumed to become the heir") the elder brother is not the noble that his father is, and won't become it until his father dies (and he is declared the heir) or retires (and the same), otherwise the brother would have to earn his noble "title" independently, as the MC would/could have if he didn't outright reject the honor he has earned to this point.
All this is to say that without acting directly along side his father, his brother has no circumstance to learn who the MC truly is because the MC is doing absolutely everything to prevent his fame from spreading (with the two exceptions of "continuing to act" and "being presented at his pharmacy").
It isn't a vacuum, but there are things actively preventing the brother from learning the truth, similar to, but in a vastly greater scale that, what his brother and brother's friend are doing about the brother's disease...

Dex-chan lover
Are you trying to claim it was a tl error (that it should have been "regret later"), and not at all him showing regret in those panels, and we didn't see him instantly checking his brother for illnesses and fixing the issue before leaving?!? :wtf: Can't be!
:smug:

So apparently if you click reply to a comment edited between then and later then, it tries to give you the edited comment instead of what you saw.
Forgive me if I am misinterpreting your post, that is entirely possible as tone doesn't always translate in text... (even with emojis).
It doesn't look like regret in those panels, it doesn't look like he is diagnosing his brother, and it certainly doesn't look like he is curing his brother (which, I am reasonably sure requires him to speak verbally to do).
What it does look like is him accepting that his brother and brother's friend are telling the truth (at the moment) and him leaving without questioning further.
Obviously what he should have done is recognize how "suspicious" they were being and done exactly what your post suggests: check him anyway. Obviously if he then directly confronted his brother (with knowledge he couldn't have had any other way) and especially if he cured his brother (which requires him to speak out loud the name of the disease and the intended act) he would be forced to admit that he is the Medicine God, which he wants to avoid.

Supporter
As @CountryMage, as well as one other, have said or implied, MC doesn't want credit for everything or nearly anything he has done. He has the typical Japanese mindset of keeping a low profile because fame is embarrassing (it's not exactly that, but close enough for argument sake). Because of this literally the only people who know about the things that he is capable of are those who were there at the time and those he is incapable of not keeping it a secret from (i.e. the queen, his father, and very few others). This is because he requests or outright tells them to keep it a secret (through various means, including saying someone else did it).
Because the queen is in on the secret and has agreed to keep it so the other high ranking nobility that do know are required to keep their mouths shut. @NextOrder points this out. You later respond that "his entire family is high ranking nobility" but that is wrong. His father is nobility (as is his mother, but I can't remember if she's still alive, and for the purpose of this it doesn't matter), the children are not. They are "children of high ranking nobility," which isn't sophistry or "the same," because the "child of a noble" inherits the nobility of the parent (when they die or retire) OR earns their own nobility separately.
Regardless of being the "heir apparent" (meaning "one assumed to become the heir") the elder brother is not the noble that his father is, and won't become it until his father dies (and he is declared the heir) or retires (and the same), otherwise the brother would have to earn his noble "title" independently, as the MC would/could have if he didn't outright reject the honor he has earned to this point.
All this is to say that without acting directly along side his father, his brother has no circumstance to learn who the MC truly is because the MC is doing absolutely everything to prevent his fame from spreading (with the two exceptions of "continuing to act" and "being presented at his pharmacy").
It isn't a vacuum, but there are things actively preventing the brother from learning the truth, similar to, but in a vastly greater scale that, what his brother and brother's friend are doing about the brother's disease...
I can see your points, and they are stong. My side is, way to many people have seen him at every socal class level (high, medium, low), especially with his super pharmacy and the events of the plague. In the end while I think you three are offering valid reasoning, I too see my own stance as logical and believe that the brother should atleast have heard of rumors of S-teir super healing, and pursue them (I have no doubt the Empress would have just pointed straight at the MC). Ultimately I don't think we are going to convince each other so might we agree to disagree?

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

Surprise motherFathER...
:win:

Double-page supporter
He's terminally ill. It's why he's doing his best to push his little siblings, that way they'll be able to protect themselves when he's gone.
I think I saw a spoiler about
his brother's death
before.

Dex-chan lover
Omfg are we for real rn?
So we gonna spend time on this family drama instead of the demons outside of his sanctuary?
Also, is he for real? He's an adult in the past life, he should already know how to spot when people trying to lie to a child.
That happened to his own father last time.
Ffs.
Is all this just for a dramatic reveal of him being a pharmacist?

Alsooooo,
The whole idea of hiding it from him is somehow impossible.
There's no way in hell people not let slip about his own hometown?
His bro is rhe youngest pharmacist, surely it was a big news even in neighboring country.
Unless his own friends also was given hush money.
We saw few chapters back that he's surrounded by ladies, ain't no way none of them didn't come to him and say "omg~ i heard your brother was appointed as the youngest pharmacist~"
🤌🤌🤌🤌

Dex-chan lover
My bet: the brother has some curable/treatable disease/condition and thinks it's impossible to cure/treat because no one up to this point could aid him and doesn't want his little brother to worry about him.... despite knowing his brother is a God level healer the likes the world has never seen. Yah I really hope I'm wrong because that's some Z tier pointless drama manufacturing.

Overall it's still a good managa but I really hope it pivots away from this generic battle stuff back to my favorite genre, generic fluffy comedy :dogkek:

Keep up the great work scanlators!
in past chapters it was made obvious that it's cancer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread