Isekai Yakkyoku - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Palle's Capital Expedition

Fed-Kun's army
@depzdai
Since we've got The Plague my guess would be that something like Ebola is the Demon Lord of illnesses in that world.

@JWChibi It's not about "looking insignificant" it's about avoiding family succession conflict. That shit can get nasty and deadly. Notice, it's only Palle who he decides should not know the secret of his abilities. The rest of his family (aside from Blanche in her oopsie moment) is also maintaining his secret.

@Midori_SJH

That's not necessarily true. Bubonic plague is not easy to spread in modern times because of the general knowledge of sanitary practices, pathogens and widespread availability of antibiotics. Despite looking a lot more sanitary than what we know of medieval times, their general knowledge of pathogens and availability of antibiotics are very limited. Only the MC knows how to produce antibiotics (he used to be a pharmacological chemist).

Fed-Kun's army
...and that is why being an @$$hole while training your younger siblings in magic will bite you in @$$...😒

Dex-chan lover
When will MC need to cure his dear brother "who gets around" of his syphilis???

🤓

(Also, when Palle's servant comes to pick him up from jail, I'm not sure about leaving "もう-" untranslated...might work better to change it to "Uuu-" or somesuch)

Fed-Kun's army
I somehow knew bubonic plague would come up at some point...

Dex-chan lover
Aah, well. Bubonic plague is endemic in my home state of New Mexico. With antibiotics, it is successfully treated, and the combination of modern living conditions, among with our sparse population make it a non-issue as an epidemic.

Much of its character as an infectious disease is related to the condition of public hygiene and the crowding of the poor. It is in the slums and waterfront districts that plague can take hold, and the Medici family focus on the care of paying customers had left these poorer quarters vulnerable.

I was REALLY hoping they would get to the Medicine God's statue and find that it had been switched with a statue of Falma.

Dex-chan lover
I was REALLY hoping they would get to the Medicine God's statue and find that it had been switched with a statue of Falma.
Even if they believe he's the actual god itself walking among them, that'd be a bit much. They have the previous depiction for a reason, changing that to match what was apparently meant to be a disguise to hide in plain sight amongst the mortals would be pretty unreasonable. Especially after repeated instances of the "disguise" in question insisting that all of this be kept quiet. Changing the statue would be blasphemy on multiple fronts, I suppose.

Dex-chan lover
I'm almost disappointed that they actually name-dropped the plague at the end because I recognised it from the symptoms.

I loved weaponising the Black Death in Crusader Kings 2. Well, sort of. Knowing it was coming and building a ton of hospitals in my territory then bunkering down and letting it wipe the floor with my enemies was kinda fun.

Also why the hell did Falma shut his entire operation down for a week just to fool his brother? Isn't he going a bit gung-ho with his obfuscation?

Users who are viewing this thread