Isekai Yakkyoku - Vol. 7 Ch. 32 - The Targeted Capital of San Fleuve

Dex-chan lover
That was a suicide attack. There's no way whatsoever those few guys attacking the capital of a country so powerful would be able to escape.

@HiraOmnibus Unless I'm mistaken, only Falma's group knows about the magic users and the fact that another country is involved and that this was a deliberate act of war (because that is clearly what this is at this point) and not just a random epidemy.

So it makes sense that the authorities only put "normal" troops to handle what they thought to be merchants.

@blacker
This is a pretty long spoiler about the ones causing the bio-terrorism and the real mastermind and what happens afterwards
The holy knights are from Nedale Kingdom (not sure about the name) but they are basically forced to commit bio terrorism, if they do not, their people will be slaughtered for their disobedience. They do not know how the disease works, only were told to release those animals in the capital and use wind magic for reasons they cannot fathom.
The real villain was a genius commoner pharmacist named Kamyu that had no morals that graduated from the university that the MC's family went to. The holy knights are not able to kill him since he is possessed by an evil spirit and the priests in the Nedale Kingdom that could possibly fight him were all killed. He just like to watch people suffer to further his understanding of the truth.
Kamyu's and Nedale Kingdom fate:
He sneaked into the capital to see the suffering firsthand, breaks into MC's laboratory to use his toxic reagents on Lotte and Cedrick to see how toxic it is as they suffer. MC quickly kills him and Kamyu's last words seems to be imply that he is finally freed from the evil spirit's influence.
The empire sent their forces to the Nedale Kingdom and sees that the kingdom's leaders are basically dead or poisoned by Kamyu. Basically, the entire enemy nation was already in anarchy because of the evil spirit possessed Kamyu. The empire helps to rebuild their nation and some individuals even want their kingdom to be annexed but the empire refuses.

@Siceraria Hey thanks for the spoilers.

I guess this is the only way for suspense to be in a manga where the MC is the medicine god

WN, v2c15 part1

https://paichuntranslations.com/iy/different-world-pharmacy-chapter-2-episode-15-part-1/

Group Leader
@ObsidianBlade I'm sorry, were you looking for 100% historical accuracy in your magical parallel world manga? I'm just saying the author is using France as the base, and the plague arrived by ship from not-Italy. It was the author's choice to make it part of an invasion plot.

I do not know how I was not expecting biological terrorism and warfare in a manga where the MC is the literal God of Medicine but holy shit

@HDMI1 my point is why you have to name countries..... all europe was hit by the plague (mostly by ships too, since was the best way to travel), so why you choose to name those two country in particular was my question.

Dex-chan lover
Several powerful knights pusing it forward so hard sort of proves that it's an attack from another country... Seems awfully shortsighted when word of the cure is spreading so the damage won't be nearly as high as they probably need.

Users who are viewing this thread