Isekai Yakkyoku - Vol. 7 Ch. 32 - The Targeted Capital of San Fleuve

Oh no! And they just happen to be flying squirrels too!!!!! Thank you for the chapter! Looking forward to the next one~

Dex-chan lover
wow
even in the medieval era,
already exist Biological Warfare??
and it uses Flying squirrel as carrier?

So,
Maybe just maybe (kind of stretch),
the Black Death in Europe caused by this kind of type of Warfare?

Dex-chan lover
i do wonder though why the palace didn't have art users stationed at all gates for any potential accidents in advance.

Dex-chan lover
Seriously they were just 2, too lazy with the security when they knew what the were facing... is like the 2020 pandemic...

Dex-chan lover
@sherlock0790 in the past people uses many form of biological warfare, in medieval era, they catapulted corpses in a siege to increases the chance of infection according to record. There are several recorded and discovered instances in history.

Dex-chan lover
genghis-khan-be.jpg

Seriously, they knew that smugglers were coming, and divine users can take on several non-divine soldiers. Security is full of plot holes, but the story must go on!

Dex-chan lover
Man those holy knights from that foreign country played it right, they would have won if it wasn't for a certain isekai protagonist with a godly hack ability.

I smell a war crime, and those who are held accounted for are going to pay for it by disbanding Holy Knights and brand them as outlaws

Dex-chan lover
Í mean, them using the caravan and its cargo as biological weapons was obvious since a while ago. What surprises me though is how amateurish and obvious the execution is. They are not even trying to hide that the pseudo-Netherlands are trying their utmost to release the plague in the capital - they shout their spells in swamp German, they wear their official armour, they just run down the front door. This is an open an act of war as it gets.

I wonder if they don't care that they just started a war, speculating that the plague will weaken the empire enough to gift them an easy win? Or maybe they are third party agents just trying to goad the empire into a war with the Netherlands? Or maybe the author just makes stuff blatant to make sure even the dumbest kid reading this gets a clue about what's going on - wouldn't be the first author to do that.

Why some people complain that they lack of security? I thought the author explained that the only who have divine powers are the nobles and their number aren't that many, especially in the capital. So instead of spreading them across the gate and lowering battle power per gate, it's better to group them and deploy them at once. It's also worth mentioning that they can't really fly like our protagonist

Double-page supporter
Hmmm... They know how to use disease as 'biological weapon'...
Probably there's another otherworlder?

@Nematoda Not necessarily. Long before germ theory, or even an understanding of how disease spreads, we as a species have been using animals (living or dead) to maliciously spread disease as a form of biological warfare.
Get the rancid corpse of an animal, often a horse or cow, & lob it into a city's waterway upstream, or over the walls via catapult, trebuchet, or something similar.
People realised that you got sick from being around the rotting corpses, so it stood to reason that corpses had something on them that caused sickness. Be that evil spirits, bad vibes, or as we know today bacteria & viruses.

On the other hand, I would like for there to be another Otherworlder in this story. They might be locked up & being tortured for information by the BBEG/BBEE & need saving, or maybe they're just a malicious prick & are using their knowledge to gain status & power.
Hell maybe they're not even from MC's world or time. Who's to say that they lived on the same Earth? If you've got reincarnation I don't see why you can't pull from multiple universes.

Supporter
Biological warfare is certainly not new but this feels more advanced compared to what should have existed at this time, especially the infected gift that gave the queen tuberculosis. Really thinking it’s the work of another worlder. Maybe whose blessed by the god of death

Users who are viewing this thread