Isekai Yakkyoku

Contributor
I love how, coming back to this, I can't even remember which of multiple isekai medical dramas in the middle of some-version-of-the-bubonic-plague this was.

Like I know the characters in this and whatnot, and all but as I opened it up I was totally thinking of the plot details of a different isekai's plague arc, then, "oh no wait this isn't that, it must have been that other one," followed by, "oh no wait, I don't think I've started reading this one's bubonic plague arc yet"...

Can't someone do like the Spanish Flu or something? XD (Of course, as the previous commenter says, one would think coronavirus is going to start showing up in some of these pretty shortly :'p)

I hate how he's not using his knowledge about medicine anymore and just uses magic as a cure all.
Kinda dumb. I thought it would be about modern medicine in a different world kinda deal but nope, just magic the shit out of it.

@Archiver he only uses magic if modern medicine doesn’t have a cure for the illness. And he also uses it to speed up the healing process with the help of medicine.

Just random note I hope Falma (before he transmigrated) has done clinical work because ever since the surgery with the bishop, I’ve been a bit skeptical since a pharmacologist degree doesn’t contribute completely (or atleast not always) to medical procedures

Aggregator gang
Man i wish this was a romance.... Dude needs some wholesome love and affection after his last life

Double-page supporter
Welp... for some reason Medical fantasies are now my guilty pleasures and this is no exception

It really takes a lot of mature moves and sometimes going so far to the point where its "shounen" demographic is basically meaningless
The new type of OP MC, the type that basically achieves the title of the best isekai MC archetype overall (in my opinion) especially with how great the dynamics work here not to mention this is a great series for educational purposes.

Power-scaling? Nah, there's no need for that thing to be here.
OP MC that can beat anyone? Now this is quite a gamble cause the MC of this series is a full-on pacifist with a true-good/lawful-good alignment, and it really depends on how you interpret that phrase/title of "The MC will always beat anyone".

The ratings that this series has are not lying cause this is truly a fun one to read (as long as you're not the type that only reads like 3 lines every 3 pages like an arsehole that doesn't respect any kind of character dialogue)

Science and Biology are its main educational lessons that it shows pretty consistently throughout the chapters
It also has a lot of morale boosting for a shounen show that doesn't use the generic "with the power of friendship" bs to finish up every goddamn arc
Whilst I do agree that a few moments might feel a lil' bit too cliched, most if not all the character dynamics and informative dialogues serve its purpose as countermeasures against those cliched moments (like there's a lot of world building even if the first 15+ arcs basically occur within the MC's region/country)
And the characters are ones that you can get familiar with fairly quickly and that familiarity factor does a lot of roles when it comes to the world-building (fast/easy to remember characters, unforgettable side characters, etc)

By far one of the best isekai series(s) I've read up till now, it's basically the opposite of Overlord but better

Have a go at it and judge for yourself, don't forget to enjoy yourself cause this series doesn't need to be taken with a grain of salt at all

Banned
If this guy can just synthesize molecules out of thin air why is he bothering with base elements and doing chemistry to obtain his desired drug, instead of literally just synthesizing the drug directly out of thin air in the first place?

@fasontales Because if he actually does the synthesis other people can also synthesize it, not just himself. That way the progress/changes he makes will persist even after he himself is gone

@fasontales

What would be the point of just synthetized the drug and not pass the knowledge? when he dies, no one would be able to make the medicine. And, just to you know, all medicine used until now for the black plague is synthetized by farma, but at same time he put his father to research the ways of produce medicine, so everything is happening at same time

sorry for my bad english :(

I just have to say I find this manga a whole lot less enjoyable as I did a year ago when the plague arc started.

What are you?

I'm batman! I mean an ordinary pharmacist.

Hopefully, the heavy-handed "medicine and hygiene is good ok" arc will finish soon and it will get back to fun adventures in medicine.

Users who are viewing this thread