Issho ni Kurashite ii desu ka? - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Don't You Want to be Free?

Dex-chan lover
This part

How else do I take that? You felt it was a slight be cause this chapter downplayed the downsides of sex work. I don't think it's this author nor work's job to do that. And I feel there's plenty of literature and actual news focusing on it.

Here too

I could. I appreciate this story becsuse it gives acknowledgement of enjoyment of something society shames (which tbh is one of my favorite themes in media. Accepting one's desires and passions even if no one else understands or even shames you). And as someone reading a Sasugs Kei story and arguing with someone over the internet about it, I resonate with that :haa:

Because if this is gonna be half as long as Domestic Girlfriend, we got more than one chapter to touch on sex worker things. Like I said, we still got 2 more characters to introduce , let alone 5 to properly dig into. Arguably 3 since we don't really know much about the Idol yet.

Because she herself mentioned she was chubby. Clearly it's a quality that stuck with her if that's how she remembers herself in the past, and what she tells to a male roommate she knew for a week (and his drunk friend she doesn't know lol). Subtext says her body issues are another part of her she wanted to liberate herself from.

If she didn't mention it I never would have included it. She could have easily said she changed herself to fit the role she wanted and be happy with her past and current body. But I know that's still a big issue, especially in Asia.

Sorry you feel that way. Hope my clarifications help out. If you still feel that way... 🤷. I'm used to being misconstrued in topics like these because people are quick to fire insults. I'm too old to defend myself on the internet against people who don't even care. I just like talking about this kinda stuff, as seen from my responses lol. Happy to have a conversation, but also can't stop people from judging me. I am reading a Sasuga Kei manga after all :pepela:
It's a strip club where people can see boobs while drunk, it's not that deep dude, you ain't getting A+ for doing a thesis about this.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly thought Yukari went to that office to make sure she kept a customer, and then gained another one thanks to appealing to that lady's emotion.

Dex-chan lover
you two are fucking disgusting idiots and i feel genuinely sorry for any women who are ever forced to interact with you
Read my edit :)

Showing off your body to strangers for money isn't admirable. Pole dancing without having to strip also exists. So why would she get naked if the pole dancing itself is what she likes? The only explanation is because she's a whore and she likes that part too.

Dex-chan lover
Read my edit :)

Showing off your body to strangers for money isn't admirable. Pole dancing without having to strip also exists. So why would she get naked if the pole dancing itself is what she likes? The only explanation is because she's a whore and she likes that part too.
oh, your edit where you said something else moronic? yeah, ive read it now. very low intelligence, not impressive, misogynistic again. i am genuinely neither an OF subscriber or content creator though, for the record, whether you believe that or not.

im sorry youre so mentally deficient that it hurts you that women can enjoy things like being naked or do what they want. youre just lowlife shit and you should trying being better instead

Double-page supporter
Nice disgusting whore fmc, this is going too far.
If this was a brain ded comedy, funny, no deep lessons read, I prob would let it slide .
But this aint that, defending, promoting and proud of being whores???? WTF
Asking someone being exploited to not sue???? WTFFFFF
Bloody dropped
:huh:

Dex-chan lover
It's a strip club where people can see boobs while drunk, it's not that deep dude, you ain't getting A+ for doing a thesis about this.

Opinions like yours are why I like reading these kinds of works. Works that show different angles than the stereotypes mainstream media portrays, and delve deeper than "lol see boobs while drunk". If that's all people care about, cool, but I appreciate digging a bit deeper.

But hey, I guess I'm the crazy ones while a dozen other people are slut shaming a fictitious character for being confident in the their body and line of work. Gotta love the internet. :pepela:

Dex-chan lover
This comment section reeks of "westerners".

Not surprised at this point. If you remember the pre-pandemic comics in stuff like "I shaved; and then I took a hogh school girl home" or in half the gyaru manga where gasp the girl isn't a virgin, you start to see people come out of the woodwork that sound a lot like what they accuse Otaku of being. Just gotta filter them out at some point to stay sane.

That being said, I don't know what the female worker can sue her boss for. It's a legal strip club and since it's a party or something, I don't think he did anything illegal. I'm not a lawyer so don't quote me on that.

Sexual harassment, at least in the US, includes exposiing others to unwanted content. e.g. If I was reading this chapter on my work computer and someone passed by and was disgusted by it, I could be liable for sexual harassment.

It's not quite that simple and it involves varying levels of escalation based on the extremity, but people tend to forget those parts. For another example, I probably wouldn't get in real trouble if someone was peeking at my computer, but if I was actively showing them the manga i would be more liable. It works on a spectrum. And of course if I was their boss doing this I'd be even more liable due to a power dynamic.

The strip club here doesn't really have enough context to determine if she has a case

• was this a well established strip club? were the bosses expecting it to be?
  • was this done with honest intentions? was the intention to see naked women or was that a side effect from someone who liked the bar?
  • was she pressured into gonig? Did she ever express any interest in going to a bar to begin with?
  • was she fully sober when going or invited?
  • was this a first offense that was pointed out to them?
  • Have they done this with other workers?

People will make "obvious assumptions", but that's not how these investigations work.

Dex-chan lover
Not surprised at this point. If you remember the pre-pandemic comics in stuff like "I shaved; and then I took a hogh school girl home" or in half the gyaru manga where gasp the girl isn't a virgin, you start to see people come out of the woodwork that sound a lot like what they accuse Otaku of being. Just gotta filter them out at some point to stay sane.

Sexual harassment, at least in the US, includes exposiing others to unwanted content. e.g. If I was reading this chapter on my work computer and someone passed by and was disgusted by it, I could be liable for sexual harassment.

It's not quite that simple and it involves varying levels of escalation based on the extremity, but people tend to forget those parts. For another example, I probably wouldn't get in real trouble if someone was peeking at my computer, but if I was actively showing them the manga i would be more liable. It works on a spectrum. And of course if I was their boss doing this I'd be even more liable due to a power dynamic.

The strip club here doesn't really have enough context to determine if she has a case

• was this a well established strip club? were the bosses expecting it to be?
  • was this done with honest intentions? was the intention to see naked women or was that a side effect from someone who liked the bar?
  • was she pressured into gonig? Did she ever express any interest in going to a bar to begin with?
  • was she fully sober when going or invited?
  • was this a first offense that was pointed out to them?
  • Have they done this with other workers?

People will make "obvious assumptions", but that's not how these investigations work.
A part of me wished that anime & manga never went mainstream. Because something clearly died in exchange.

Dex-chan lover
A part of me wished that anime & manga never went mainstream. Because something clearly died in exchange.

yeah, it's kinda rough that way. At this point I just wish Japanese wasn't so dang hard to learn (so much kanji). As much as manga is talked about nowadays, there's still a goldmine of stuff never translated, and likely JP communities to discuss with.

Maybe they are just as bad, but worth a shot lol

Group Leader

That's very informative. Thank you.

Dex-chan lover
yeah, it's kinda rough that way. At this point I just wish Japanese wasn't so dang hard to learn (so much kanji). As much as manga is talked about nowadays, there's still a goldmine of stuff never translated, and likely JP communities to discuss with.

Maybe they are just as bad, but worth a shot lol
I concur. It took me 3 years to pass the JLPT N4's certification, albeit I'm a casual learner. Though I read raws too, Mangadex is still my go-to because it's where my library is.. well, what's left of it since the Kissmanga's purge, anyway.

Dex-chan lover
I...uh...not sure about this chapter. But I can, at the very least, say that taking your female subordinate to a strip club is kinda weird way of wanting her to have fun.

Dex-chan lover
oh, your edit where you said something else moronic? yeah, ive read it now. very low intelligence, not impressive, misogynistic again. i am genuinely neither an OF subscriber or content creator though, for the record, whether you believe that or not.

im sorry youre so mentally deficient that it hurts you that women can enjoy things like being naked or do what they want. youre just lowlife shit and you should trying being better instead
I never said her enjoying being naked hurts me, I'm just calling a spade a spade. She's a whore. If it was just that, I never really would've commented about it but the author just had to try to pass it off as a noble passion of hers. Nobody in real life who has at least a shred of self-respect would ever proudly admit to being a stripper. I should emphasize the "Stripper" part, as I know pole-dancing in itself is a competitive sport.

Dex-chan lover
I never said her enjoying being naked hurts me, I'm just calling a spade a spade. She's a whore. If it was just that, I never really would've commented about it but the author just had to try to pass it off as a noble passion of hers. Nobody in real life who has at least a shred of self-respect would ever proudly admit to being a stripper. I should emphasize the "Stripper" part, as I know pole-dancing in itself is a competitive sport.

i cant leave that "calling a spade a spade" thing alone. shes literally not a whore. youre extending the definition of "whore" so hard it's embarrassing

would there being professional strip pole-dancing competitions make stripping better for you? genuine question, because i think youd hate that too. also, if it doesnt hurt you, stop braying like some 50s puritan. its not your business and its not a problem. get over yourself

Dex-chan lover
i cant leave that "calling a spade a spade" thing alone. shes literally not a whore. youre extending the definition of "whore" so hard it's embarrassing
I'm not stretching the definition out at all. I've already addressed this in the previous chapter, so I'm going to just paste it here. "But I mean, she's literally whoring herself out. Being a whore isn't exclusively intercourse related. Stripping makes her a sex worker. Even if she just sees it as work and nothing else, all the men there are using her and the other women for sexual gratification in one way or another."
would there being professional strip pole-dancing competitions make stripping better for you? genuine question, because i think youd hate that too.
Your little hypothetical question here is silly. Nothing more, nothing less. That has 0 chance of ever happening. Again, I never said anything about disliking strippers specifically. I only said it's disappointing the author made the most attractive girl in the manga a whore.
also, if it doesnt hurt you, stop braying like some 50s puritan. its not your business and its not a problem. get over yourself
You can call me a lot of things, puritan is not one of them. Never once did I say she or other women can't be strippers. But I'll never (knowingly) associate myself with one. So if I want to continue reading this HAREM manga, I would have to deal with the fact she - a stripper is going to be a significant part of it.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, another story of someone having a shitty ass family, classic

Group Leader
I'm not stretching the definition out at all. I've already addressed this in the previous chapter, so I'm going to just paste it here. "But I mean, she's literally whoring herself out. Being a whore isn't exclusively intercourse related. Stripping makes her a sex worker. Even if she just sees it as work and nothing else, all the men there are using her and the other women for sexual gratification in one way or another."

Your little hypothetical question here is silly. Nothing more, nothing less. That has 0 chance of ever happening. Again, I never said anything about disliking strippers specifically. I only said it's disappointing the author made the most attractive girl in the manga a whore.

You can call me a lot of things, puritan is not one of them. Never once did I say she or other women can't be strippers. But I'll never (knowingly) associate myself with one. So if I want to continue reading this HAREM manga, I would have to deal with the fact she - a stripper is going to be a significant part of it.
You're one of those types, calls a woman whore just cuz she isn't a virgin
:dogkek::lol:

Reactions: FVO
Dex-chan lover
You're one of those types, calls a woman whore just cuz she isn't a virgin
:dogkek::lol:
That's what you got out of that whole comment? Your reading comprehension skills are nonexistant. Besides, the word you're thinking of is slut, not whore. And my threshhold for that is 10 or more. In case you're too lazy or too stupid to read a dictionary, I'll tell you the difference.

Whore - Someone who sells their body for money (i.e. Stripper, prostitute, OF model)
Slut - Someone who does sexual acts with anyone and for free (i.e. Your mother)

• Dumb
Reactions: FVO

Users who are viewing this thread