Issues with keyboard popup on advanced search

Double-page supporter
The dropdown menus are basically unusable on my phone; it pulls up the keyboard because it's a hybrid dropdown/search, and the keyboard covers up the dropdown menu (dropdown/search hybrids never work well with on screen keyboards in my experience).

Competing with the keyboard for screen real estate aside, on Firefox Android at least, attempting to scroll or select within the dropdown menu deselects the text input which then automatically closes the dropdown menu, making it effectively impossible to use.

Solution
Hello. The keyboard should no longer open on mobile devices on the latest site update. This behavior (focusing on the search) shall remain only for desktop user agents. This means that your browser fakes the user agent to appear as a desktop one, therefore producing the desktop behavior.
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Competing with the keyboard for screen real estate aside, on Firefox Android at least, attempting to scroll or select within the dropdown menu deselects the text input which then automatically closes the dropdown menu, making it effectively impossible to use.

I also use Firefox on Android, the keyboard only appears after tapping on the search bar and vanishes after tapping on anything else (a tag, or another portion of the interface entirely) which isn't what you're describing. It was bugged for the first 24hr but fixed for a day before your post, try clearing your cache for MD and see if the issue still occurs.

Abolish Harems
Staff
Developer
Hello. The keyboard should no longer open on mobile devices on the latest site update. This behavior (focusing on the search) shall remain only for desktop user agents. This means that your browser fakes the user agent to appear as a desktop one, therefore producing the desktop behavior.

Solution

Users who are viewing this thread