Itai Onee-san wa Suki Desu ka? - Vol. 2 Ch. 31 - Painful Self-deprecation

Dex-chan lover
>Bruises without even noticing
Common side effect of a poltergeist infestation. Channeling your Sagittarius energy every other Thursday should do the trick.

Dex-chan lover
Lol, so true. I immediately remembered how worried about the age, being 26 old.

Contributor
My grandma says similar self-deprecating elderly things like that, even though we try to discourage her from excessively doing so, knowing it is a futile lose-lose situation.

Dex-chan lover
What kind of hellhole makes 75-olds work as cleaning personel ?

Dex-chan lover
@Mielly I mean what do you want her to do at 75 years old? cleaning is probably the best she can manage, and japanese people live so long retiring is probably boring lmao

@Mielly I don't know in which bubble you live but that's pretty standard in every country in the world, old people still need money to survive you know?

Why are twenties and thirties considered old age in Japan? Most of those symptoms are from overworking, unhealthy diet, lack of physical exercise and sleep deprivation, rather than aging...

Dex-chan lover
@dojinshi First off, no, no one cleans floors for fun, retirement is the moment where a lot of people take up new hobbies. Secondly, in older and more forgiving times, people used to be able to go from janitor to other jobs, by making use of internal promotions. (here's an example: nytimes.com/2017/09/03/upshot/to-understand-rising-inequality-consider-the-janitors-at-two-top-companies-then-and-now.html). Thirdly, a person that old shouldn't still be laboring, what the hell.
@Ancass Are you pulling my leg or really that stupid ? What bubble do I live in you lunatic ? On Earth, I live on Earth. Even now life expectancy for women ranges from 60 to 90 years, and you have the gall to proudly claim it's "pretty standard" around the world ? Most industrialized countries have a retirement system that gives people over 60 a pension to live off, and unindustrialized countries have those old people taken care of by their families. Your ignorant smugness and your absolutely crazy claims managed to rile me up.
@mukade Thank you a lot, I'm glad I'm not the only one. After a little bit of looking, it seems Japan's retirement system is so unfair and the pensions so measly a lot of old people are still forced to take up jobs to survive. Japan is that kind of hellhole it seems.

Dex-chan lover
@Mielly I never once said cleaning floors was fun, I said retirement can be boring. However perhaps being around people is better then lazing around in a house possibly all by yourself waiting to die. You might not exactly have many close friends at that age, and it may feel better to be around others, even if you're laboring.

As for your second point, im not sure what that has to do with anything my comment said, that's cool and all, but still what would you want this 75 year old lady to be doing if she is gonna work in this company? I get you're implying you can go up from janitor to other jobs with time but we don't know anything about this lady, how long she's worked here, how long she's worked in general(perhaps she was a housewife most of her life) or if she even wants to "move up"

your last point is something I have no problems with, but people are allowed to do whatever they want, my grandpa could easily retire at this point, but continues to work because he likes working, even though it isn't the best/high paying, etc... Once again we have no idea why this lady is here, I guess from your POV you think its a hellhole because she's doing this to survive but we don't know that, as, like I said, some people just like working

Users who are viewing this thread