It's Fun Having a 300,000 Yen a Month Job Welcoming Home an Onee-san Who Doesn't Find Meaning in a Job That Pays Her 500,000 Yen a Month - Vol. 1 Ch.…

Power Uploader
@Mnuchinboo
I think was he is meaning by "the west" is probably the US
Indeed, I learned well that the man who says “the west” very frequently just means “the U.S.A.”, for whatever reason he often seems to exagerate the differences with the exotic yellowman across the Pacific, and underestimate the differences with the Beigeman across the Atlanic.

Personally, I find U.S.A. and Japanese culture to be closer to each other in many ways than either are to for instance Dutch culture.

You can see this in companies based in silicon valley where you can get looked down upon for being supportive of "the status quo" for looking too feminine by more "aggressive" coworkers.
This is only so in technology based companies though, it's very much a matter of dress altogether. You shall also note that for instance Steve Jobs or Linus Torvalds do not give their keynotes in a suit, but in casual clothes, as is common of technology-based companies, as they in general hire smart men who make smart decisions.

This was also notable in the Japanese strip S.E. — Software Engineer, which took place at a programming firm, but all the staff was in casual clothes, rather than suits, so this might be similar in Japan.

Finance, in particular, is known for it's devotion to a certain manner of style over substance.

@Mnuchinboo
I think the problem with this is that people, especially in Asia, in my experience have a wrong impression of America where they either think that Americans are like cutthroat opportunists, illiterate rednecks, sexually active youngsters that dress loosely or patriarchal sexist.

Dex-chan lover
So far, if you think of this as she hiring him as a house caretaker, I don't think it's that weird. ( I don't think 'caretaker' is the right word for it but I can't come up with other word, sorry. )

Dex-chan lover
@reishiki House keeper, butler, valet, footman. House keeper is probably the "most correct". And I wouldn't find this weird at all, she sure has some personality that has been ingrained by loneliness for that end bit, but hopefully he chips away at that.

Group Leader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd6pX3CeMRU&t

Abababababa for 10 hrs

Dex-chan lover
Dude, you've broken into the compensated dating industry. Stand tall!!

Dex-chan lover
The wish-fulfilling levels of this manga are higher than most isekais but, at the same time, it's quite relatable and sad. I'm out.

Dex-chan lover
this man is a man of culture because he appreciates thighs as they should be

Dex-chan lover
Alternative title to this really would be 'A woman buys a husband'

Loving it so far, reminds me of that.. 'oneesan manga'

Fed-Kun's army
I was really enjoying this until he started talking about the age regression stuff along with her acting like a child then I started getting creeped out...

Users who are viewing this thread