It's Not Meguro-san's First Time - Vol. 5 Ch. 37 - Thing that would make me worried the most

Dex-chan lover
The conflict was absolutely forced and cliched, but I loved the conversation they had to fix it. It truly felt like the type of talk every couple needs to have when a miscommunication happens. I'm also glad it didn't get dragged out.

It feels as if the author doesn't know how to make good drama, but they're very good at writing characters and interactions in general. So to make up for that, they just gloss over the dramatic conflicts and give us the sweet resolution. Like with the co-leader Mio's confession (though I wished they'd do something with her). They probably didn't know how to flesh it out, so Mio immediately confessed for the sake of not having to drag out forced pacing. I would prefer if they did flesh it out, but if they can't then this is fine. I came here for heart skips, not heart stops.
I think it does make sense since they kinda showed how on edge the MMC has been for the past few chapters, how he's busy focusing on studying, and even having it writen in that he says "I'm feeling lonely". Could it be writen better? definitively, giving us koga focused chapter rather than having days go by so quickly since it's just meguro focused plot would've at least given us more of his perspective and a better sense of time, but it's not completely forced. Cliche tho, will agree.

Users who are viewing this thread