Itsuwari no Marigold - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
My depressive self while reading this chapter

palpatine-star-wars.gif

Dex-chan lover
Does everything need a trigger warning? Did you consider that maybe you'd be fucking spoiling people?
Not EVERYTHING but subjects like this, yes. You don't know how other people are doing in their life. Having a Trigger Warning and a note saying they can seek help if they are going through a hard phase can help many people.
Also, having a TW never attenuate a scene. You know it's going to happen, not when or how.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure I agree with this-- she heard about Hana from her brother Kaoru, and she clearly knew from the start that this was Hana and not her brother. Although she played into the role, she very clearly learned new things about Hana and spent time with her --- all of that is real. Even though she was trying to delude herself of a fantasy, it's not like that detracts completely from her building some sort of rapport with Hana.
Also I feel like her mind being on Kaoru at this time is because she's picking death which is where he is. Her other choice isn't life with Hana. It's life with a stranger husband's family. She doesn't think Hana is an option at all so who can say how she'd feel if she could live freely. Right now she can only die freely.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
Not EVERYTHING but subjects like this, yes. You don't know how other people are doing in their life. Having a Trigger Warning and a note saying they can seek help if they are going through a hard phase can help many people.
Also, having a TW never attenuate a scene. You know it's going to happen, not when or how.
The note can be after the scene happens. And just knowing that it's going to happen is a bad enough spoiler, the when is clearly obviously this chapter, after all of that spoiled the how doesn't matter.

Dex-chan lover
The note can be after the scene happens. And just knowing that it's going to happen is a bad enough spoiler, the when is clearly obviously this chapter, after all of that spoiled the how doesn't matter.
After the scene ?! Do you understand the meaning of warning. Generally it's BEFORE something bad happens. Putting it after remove it of all meaning.
If some people don't want see or read content with hard subjects they will skip it BEFORE reading/seeing it.

I don't understand why some people are so against Trigger Warning. It's to prevent and protect people who are sensitive to some subjects. If reading about suicide or seeing someone attempting to their life doesn't bother you for some people it can be harmful.
Having a minimum of empathy for the others. The TW didn't spoil every single page of this chapter. You didn't know others they were going to talk about, who was going to kill their self, in which page it's going to be reveal, how the author will present it, is it going to be graphical or not.

If TW are big spoiler the same goes for the tags.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
After the scene ?! Do you understand the meaning of warning. Generally it's BEFORE something bad happens. Putting it after remove it of all meaning.
If some people don't want see or read content with hard subjects they will skip it BEFORE reading/seeing it.

I don't understand why some people are so against Trigger Warning. It's to prevent and protect people who are sensitive to some subjects. If reading about suicide or seeing someone attempting to their life doesn't bother you for some people it can be harmful.
Having a minimum of empathy for the others. The TW didn't spoil every single page of this chapter. You didn't know others they were going to talk about, who was going to kill their self, in which page it's going to be reveal, how the author will present it, is it going to be graphical or not.

If TW are big spoiler the same goes for the tags.
You can just not read tags. You can't exactly skip the first page of the chapter, it should at least be an option that is activated by each user that wants it. Everyone that doesn't want it is just eating spoilers.

Users who are viewing this thread