I've Become the Villainous Empress of a Novel - Ch. 24

Either you were oredered or not, you still offened her imperial majesty. Be glad you haven't gotten behead yet lol

@gingerreadsthings

S. Korea uses Celsius so 0-100 degrees is probably 32-212 degrees Fahrenheit.

the lower end isnt bad, but holy christ can you imagine working in 212 degree weather???

@Ellifont

Is that what they meant? I knew they used Celsius but I just assumed it was Fahrenheit because of the “range of conditions” like the tower... meaning scorching heat and blistering cold, which is pretty much our weather lol We joke about having a week of fall between summer and winter and a week of cold rain and a week of warm rain between for spring. I don’t think anyone can work in 212 degree heat 😱 I think the hottest it ever gets above earth’s surface is in the 130’s and... I mean... even in the 110’s there are heat advisories... So idk... I think SK also has crazy temperatures since we’re on the same parallel. Is that island just a dessert wasteland? Damn. And people live there?

... you've never heard of a young man wearing a cloak before?
doesn't even eusto match that description from like the last chapter
love that Julia's a badass and all, but I'm getting tired of this story with its 0.3dimensional stock villains and shoddy writing ....

Group Leader
@gingerreadsthings yah the raws definitely say 100*, combined with the US being one of the handful of places hanging onto Fahrenheit, i'd say that place is one heck of a magical hellhole and if one's sent there they'd likely have done something terribly stupid . I suppose after this chapter picking-a-fist-fight-with-the-empress-after-trying-to-intimidate-her probably got added to the list of stupids

...what did they think was going to happen? They'd be released with no punishment or anything? Just harass citizens and guards without any repercussions?

Fed-Kun's army
.....how much of an idiot are these guys? not knowing the plan is...ok that's natural but not knowing who you are fighting with......this why they're such a simple thugs lol
they can at least have some dignity to do their time .-.

Double-page supporter
@Lexical

actually the raws say that the temperature difference is 100 degrees celcius- so around -50 to +50.

@Nikoko

The raws have her saying " so these people don't know anything useful"

while I don't really like her doing all of this personally, especially the "I beat you up and sentence you to..." (I mean, she wants to change the tyrannical rule to a fair one, meaning trials) but really funny that none of the guards were greeting her properly (and giving her away for sure, but normally as a simple guard who are you to do such disrespect) and great that she holded Eusto back, after the last chapter I had a bad feeling that we would end up with the usual bad-ass female mc who degenerates to a little girl the moment the ml shows up - now I have hope again

@buecherwurmin well to be fair in this case she had personally witnessed the crimes in question so there wasn't really a need for a "trial phase" as she is the judge and jury. What are they going to say in their defense? 'Oh someone paid me to do something illegal?' ...that's really just an admission of guilt regardless so they were toast to begin with. Plus all she needs is evidence of their crimes and the testimony of the girl who was getting beaten and everyone within a 10 meter radius of the fight would have been a witness.

Also the guards were probably told *not* to salute her at first as she was entering. I mean.. a girl's gotta have fun sometimes right? And caving the skulls of these nitwits who hit women "because someone paid them to" had to be satisfying

@Lelouchezero exactly, she is basically witness, police, prosecutor, jury, judge - everything in one person, yeah, there were other witnesses, but still, that is so not a even decent jurisdiction...

Users who are viewing this thread