I've Become the Villainous Empress of a Novel - Ch. 26

@melonpalooza I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the boob window; I kept thinking, "Can it be bigger please" 😅

Somehow this entire chapter felt like a major event in a dating sim while on Cyril's route; that last panel looks like the unlocked CG. Now I kinda want a dating sim of this story so I can play for Cyril and Felix (and yes, Eusto, for completion's sake).

Contributor
@lightng:

The corollary to that, though, is that period when "good Christians" would never charge interest, is the very same period where the Jewish suddenly became associated with banking—because there weren't many people among those "good Christians" who were all that enthused about lending their money to strangers, just out of the goodness of their hearts! So somebody else had to do it (who could charge interest).

Which is to say, the sort of virtue-guided benevolence-based banking you're talking about really didn't work out. In practice, it frequently means you can't just get a loan.

Life is complicated.

Put differently, bank interest isn't ideology per-se. It's a functioning system for trading current-money and future-money, where both parties have some reason to want to be in that interaction. Which makes it a lot easier to find willing participants.

The translation quality has dropped quite considerably.... I can barely understand the dialogues, its as though the whole chapter was machine translated.

Fed-Kun's army
@lightng I’m pretty sure all the banks back then still charged people interest even if the Religion said it’s unnatural and immoral, they just called it a late fee and blacklisted anyone who payed back their loan on time and avoided the late fee

Users who are viewing this thread