I've Become the Villainous Empress of a Novel - Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
@Lelouchezero I'm sure a lot of the teachers would prefer doing a lot of stuff like that differently too, it's just that almost every problem with education in general is pretty much rooted in the system, and making any changes there is a nightmare. Basically every person at the top will just be like "Will this effort help us make money/look good compared to other schools immediately?" If the answer is anything from no to I don't know, then fuck it, right?

So, MC mentions that her former boss thought that exhaustive reports are better than one-page summaries.
Oh my. Being in a leading position on my own I can say:
Does a long report help ? NO
Does a one-page summary help ? NO
It just takes too much time to create a long report which no one really reads. Too inefficient. I have met both sides. One is demanding long reports they would not understand and others who love to write endless reports. Both are not worth the time or money.
And those one-pagers have so less information in it, that you cannot decide a thing. Those who think they can only decides on a feeling, but not from the content of the report.
In my experience one-pagers have only one right to exist: To mention that there is something which might be worth looking into it. But then you need more info.
Also a lot of reports are just for the old game: One fools someone and the other one wants to be fooled.

Users who are viewing this thread