I've Been Kicked Out of an S-Rank Guild. But Only I Can Communicate With Dragons. Before I Knew It, I Became the Greatest Dragon Knight - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Group Leader
MTL can come out pretty decently if you got a rock-solid grasp of the language you're translating into.
Sadly I don't.
Yeah, you do at times miss certain subtleties, jokes, and references that get lost in the translation, but at least no one is gonna be saying "Godzilla had a stroke and died from reading this."
That's why I'm using the translated novel, just in case.

Dex-chan lover
@DaveGerdern Page 15, you're right that dragon shed is awkward. You're probably looking for the word "stable" like where one would keep horses, except this would be a dragon stable.

Dex-chan lover
Translation's a little rough or choppy at points, but I'm just glad to get a new chapter. Thank you for the translation!

Group Leader
@DaveGerdern Page 15, you're right that dragon shed is awkward. You're probably looking for the word "stable" like where one would keep horses, except this would be a dragon stable.
Noted. I Updated the page with fixed ones in the future. As I'm half-ways translating ch8.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for picking this one up, I had no idea it was MTL until the end even though I'm usually quite good at noticing MTL. You honestly put out a better result than several non-MTL translators I've seen.

As for a comment on the chapter itself, and not the TL quality: I've long been thinking he could make a one-person guild, if he can send his dragons to work on their own.

Dex-chan lover
It's definitely a bit rough, but it's far better than some other MTLs I've had the misfortune of seeing. I'd recommend that you put feelers out to see if you can pick up someone to help with proofreading and/or quality control, and you should be in good shape.

Group Leader
It's definitely a bit rough, but it's far better than some other MTLs I've had the misfortune of seeing. I'd recommend that you put feelers out to see if you can pick up someone to help with proofreading and/or quality control, and you should be in good shape.
I not sure what feelers are. I just scanlate this one because it's been 4 months since the previous chapter and just got tired of waiting.
It's just kinda hobby currently, so asking others to proofread/QC, feel a bit too much for me.
I just take sometime to actually read through the I should be able to pick out the errors.

Dex-chan lover
I not sure what feelers are. I just scanlate this one because it's been 4 months since the previous chapter and just got tired of waiting.
It's just kinda hobby currently, so asking others to proofread/QC, feel a bit too much for me.
I just take sometime to actually read through the I should be able to pick out the errors.
"Put feelers out" is an idiom. Definition: To explore or watch for; to ask around; to investigate.
And finding someone to help proofread/QC doesn't have to be a big deal. It can be something as simple as having someone (preferably someone with a solid grasp of the english language) to send the completed chapter off to so they can give it a look before you post it.
Reading through it yourself is an important step, yes, but even native english speakers have trouble catching all the errors in their own work when reading back through it. Having a second pair of eyes to look at it makes a huge difference, since even when reading it through for a third or fourth time our brains can have trouble picking out issues after having done the work to write it in the first place.

Group Leader
"Put feelers out" is an idiom. Definition: To explore or watch for; to ask around; to investigate.
Alright. I re-config a discord server and added a link on the group page, I'll added to the next chapter's disclaimer page.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Instead of a dragon knight he is the master of a dragon guild. The dragons are the members and he's the leader.
As for the shed dirt issue...I sure hope they don't raise any dragon varieties for meat....

And whether or not there are grammatical issues doesn't bother me. :wooow:
I would expect even though he is able to communicate with dragons they may still have trouble putting their feelings and thoughts into words at times. That kind of broken speech pattern may be from the raw's attempt at getting that concept across.
Just watch out for the human dialog a bit more though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread