I've Been Kicked Out of an S-Rank Guild. But Only I Can Communicate With Dragons. Before I Knew It, I Became the Greatest Dragon Knight - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Fed-Kun's army
Only the MC can communicate with them, the rest can't. For everyone else, they saw them just like horse, intelligent creature but still an animal. So they treat them pretty much how we treat horse irl, some are friendly and good with them and some are cruel and see them as nothing more than mere tools to be used and disposed of

Dex-chan lover
i vote artIfact, but i'm fine with artEfact too
ofc as long as you're consistent with what you choose in the end

Dex-chan lover
Only the MC can communicate with them, the rest can't. For everyone else, they saw them just like horse, intelligent creature but still an animal. So they treat them pretty much how we treat horse irl, some are friendly and good with them and some are cruel and see them as nothing more than mere tools to be used and disposed of
This doesn't make sense, though, if it's commonly understood that dragons can understand human languages. Horses can't, a dragon would be both much more capable than a horse in basically every regard and also much more easy to train, command, and take care of due to being able to understand humans. This would naturally result in humans treating them like intelligent pets or work animals and not like simple tools, because they aren't simple tools, and treating them like pets results in happier (and therefore more amenable) dragons and higher efficiency, and a guild like Lindwurm would never be able to outcompete one that treats dragons like pets. It's a problem with the world building that dragons are treated so poorly, this would never happen, especially not when dragons are so commonplace.

This is all aside from the fact that humans tend to anthropomorphize everything, and would naturally come to treat any animal that they could have a friendly relationship with as pets. I mean, really, how many people talk to their pets despite knowing fundamentally that their pets cannot understand human languages? This effect would be even more pronounced for an animal which could understand them, so on every level it's a huge problem that the relationship between humans and dragons is so poor.

the treatment's probably a mixture of how beasts of burdens and exploitative companies work

Thanks for the Translation/Scanlation! And i'm not from US or UK too, but, but as it's a UK flag on english Translations/Scanlations from MangaDex my vote is for artefact (E team).

Dex-chan lover
please don't be a wedding ring please don't be a wedding ring please don't-

Power Uploader
Artifact >artefact
Interestingly, unlike most American spellings, artifact is the accepted form in some British publications. Artifact also has a derivative spelling that is closer to words that are related to it, e.g. artifactual, artificial, etc.

Therefore, some would argue that artifact should be the preferred spelling - it has an American and British following, and a spelling that is closer to related words.
https://radiopaedia.org/articles/words-we-never-use?lang=us

Supporter
Should I upscale the raws with waifu2x-cpp in the future?
Vote here poll or comment.
currently only using it to De-noise the jpeg's compression.
Has the upscaling gotten better? Pretty much all the upscaled manga I've seen has really weird artifacting (heh) where the faces get all smudged up and there are non-grayscale colors introduced. The shading becomes non-uniform as well.

Group Leader
I kinda expected him to demand more but i gues in that guildmasters eye this was a Useless dragon so he doesnt lose anything from just letting him have it but not even any payment rly? Huh
Maybe the guild master thought MC would resist since he's hard to work with, giving him a reason to raise an exorbitant price or some sort of collateral. MC simply obliging put the guild master off and made the guild master not want to deal with an incomprehensible weirdo.

Group Leader
i don't get why they're so needlessly cruel to the dragons, especially if the dragons are intelligent enough to understand humans and have conversations with them. sure they can't talk to them like MC does but they can easily just use a pen or put signs on the ground and have the dragon point at them or something. being friendly with them would be so much more efficient.
I mean... why are some corporate leaders so needlessly unethical towards employees? Treating people well would be so much more efficient but some people do be like that....

Users who are viewing this thread