Jaimini's Box scanlated series upload?

Double-page supporter
In exactly one month from now, it will be six months since the shut down of Jaimini's Box group, according to Mangadex rules, the group will be then considered inactive and users will be able to upload their previous translations. After the drama that happened and all, will this be still the case? Or will the group uploads for them be blocked?.

Dex-chan lover
I don't see why not after all a dead groups stuff is free game in my eyes the only thing to take into account is the fact that they did a bunch of licensed series (as far as I remember) so I personally wouldnt touch those but hey its all you man.
7fda510b29ed49db2ff6788b7b7223dc.jpg

Contributor
Imagine if they came back from the grave one last time to complain about MangaDex somehow "stealing" their work despite the long-standing gray/grey zone that unlicensed/unofficial scanlation falls under.

I'll have my popcorn ready.

ohdeer.gif

Dex-chan lover
What exactly happened to them, again? I remember one day out of nowhere, almost everything on their site was gone. Then they disbanded shortly after.

Contributor
@Greenfrost When Mangastream disbanded/disappeared, they made the decision to stop doing a lot of what they were doing, including the Jump scanaltions, and concentrating on manhuas and a few other odd ones. I am guessing they did not get enough traffic, or got bored and finally called it quits.

One way or the other, admittedly, they did say they did not want their work on other sites. If they post them here or not is not a worry to me personally, as all the work they did is now effectively old new, plus plenty of the series they were "famous" for are ones that couldn't be posted here anyway. The rules about the "dead groups" are the same as they were when JB left, so they know what can happen. It is up to them if they wish to say anything about it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread