I, a Level 9999 Blacksmith Who Was Told That "Blacksmithing Is Suitable for a Small Fry lololol" Was Expelled From the Guild, so I Changed My Job to …

Dex-chan lover
You don't remember the fact that the Thief in his party, the catgirl Nyannyan, is an "animasmith" who recites a magic spell and just poofs weapons / armour into existence, do you?
Ohhhh...you were talking about the shortstack! Right, right! Is she a blacksmith or it's an unique skill said race has? Some kind of deity who bestows her weapons? I agree, it's a stretch but this guy main job is blacksmith, yet he does everything besides being an actual blacksmith!

Dex-chan lover
Ohhhh...you were talking about the shortstack! Right, right! Is she a blacksmith or it's an unique skill said race has? Some kind of deity who bestows her weapons? I agree, it's a stretch but this guy main job is blacksmith, yet he does everything besides being an actual blacksmith!
Some skill the beastmen of that world occasionally get that lets them entreat deities to make weapons / armour known as "dragonkillers", as I recall.

Dex-chan lover
Some skill the beastmen of that world occasionally get that lets them entreat deities to make weapons / armour known as "dragonkillers", as I recall.
In that case, I'd argue that it's actually fine that they just manifest the weapons in, since they're basically going "hey god, I could really use a weapon for my friend here, can you hook me up?"
It'd be weirder, in that situation, if they then had to make the weapons themselves instead of the gods they're entreating just manifesting them into the world.

In-universe, the reason for the "smith" part of "animasmith" was probably something like "they create special weapons" > "the people who normally create weapons (of the standard variety) are usually blacksmiths" > "the word 'blacksmith' is sometimes shortened to just 'smith'" > "we should call them 'animasmiths' (with the 'anima' part coming from either the fact that they have animal traits, or possibly due to souls having something to do with either the way they create things or the weapons themselves)".

Dex-chan lover
In that case, I'd argue that it's actually fine that they just manifest the weapons in, since they're basically going "hey god, I could really use a weapon for my friend here, can you hook me up?"
It'd be weirder, in that situation, if they then had to make the weapons themselves instead of the gods they're entreating just manifesting them into the world.

In-universe, the reason for the "smith" part of "animasmith" was probably something like "they create special weapons" > "the people who normally create weapons (of the standard variety) are usually blacksmiths" > "the word 'blacksmith' is sometimes shortened to just 'smith'" > "we should call them 'animasmiths' (with the 'anima' part coming from either the fact that they have animal traits, or possibly due to souls having something to do with either the way they create things or the weapons themselves)".
Very necro, much wow. Regardless, it's still silly to me that you can just manifest weapons and armour like that, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread