Jiisama ga Iku - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Old man travelling

Dex-chan lover
Holy damn the pacing is just terrible. I feel like watching a gameplay montage instead of a proper playthrough. This is not the case with the source material right? I do hope this is only for the first few chapters and the pacing will slow down significantly. 'cause it's a waste of such good art.

Group Leader
Oh god, this feels more like a Chinese Manhua than a Japanese Manga.
Why the rush tho'?
Did the artist believe so little in the story that he thinks cramming volume's worth of content into a single chapter will make the manga better 🤔

Dex-chan lover
why does it feel like there so many pages or cells missing. shit changes so fast with no connections. It isn't all the time but too much. It has the slight feeling of chinese manga where everything is horribly nonsensical and just terrible combinations of popular tropes

Hero grandpa is he best but it really like everything happening a bit too fast.

Dex-chan lover
He really should have rejuvenated at least into his early 20s. 10 years is not a long time, he's going to have bone problems in a few years if he's already over 60.

I understand that the reason he did not rejuvenate back into his 20s is because there are a lot of manga and manhwa out there where a 30+ year old man gets reincarnated into a much younger age, so this manga preserves some originality by keeping the geriatric reincarnator's age nearly the same.

It still is an unwise choice, he himself said that he didn't have bone problems until he was 70. Now there are countless places to explore and people to meet, but he's going to get older again very soon. His only hope is that magic fixes his osteoporosis, which he is going to develop again soon.

Dex-chan lover
Cute maid
giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
Ah. So Im not the only one complaining about the weird pacing and how it seems like we’re missing some sentences in between conversations. I thought it’s just my brain not braining while reading this

Users who are viewing this thread