Jimi na Kensei wa Sore Demo Saikyou Desu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - God Mistake

@GodGinrai I'm just wondering why you're defending people who literally did nothing to help the situation and instead gave abhorrent "advice"? If you can even call it that. So just because somewhere else is worse that makes it better here? Lol, that logic.

Ya, it's their opinion, whatever. But when 90% of their "advice" is "get an editor, your translation hurts my head"... Well, that's not constructive criticism nor advice. That's saying you suck so bad it hurts my head and maybe someone else will make it hurt not so bad. Advice is something like, " ya, this was bad. Could have been worse. Go do this to help your translations and this to help your English. Or maybe try and get some help."

I've seen like maybe 2 or 3 actually give advice and the other comments just shit on it.

Double-page supporter
@gaigous Constructive Criticism is a term people started using because too many people were using the term "criticism" with a negative connotation. Those people using criticism to mean "shitting on" are just as mistaken as those using "literally" to mean "figuratively".

what you people who keep posting shit about not giving the guy shit don't understand is that by the translation being this bad it hurts the manga... most people will read 5 pages in the the first chapter and be done with it forever

@brykanst You clearly need to learn the English language. Pretty sure I and the other people who are defending the guy has stated that he needs CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. And GOOD advice. Not something like, "this guy is ruining the manga with his translations and we need to talk as much shit as possible." Which seems to be what you're okay with doing.

All you're doing is ruining a potential story just because you don't want to actually help and instead would rather talk shit about something.

Double-page supporter
@GodGinrai Yeah, I think we can all agree that was a case of language changing to better communicate things to people who for whatever reason can't understand nuance/context, but saying it's the same as literally being used to mean figuratively is a false analogy IMO, with the phrase constructive criticism it's just a case of an adjective being added to help people better understand the difference in meaning.

Meanwhile, the spanish translation is clean af and already into the 8th chapter.

Double-page supporter
@gaigous You misread my comment. I didn't say that using "constructive criticism" was the same as using "literally" when meaning "figuratively". I said using "criticism" with the expectation that it has the negative connotation similar to "shitting on" was the same as using "literally" when meaning "figuratively".

@brykanst Ever heard of the adage "Any publicity is good publicity"? If this translator had not picked this series up, most English readers wouldn't have even known about it in the first place. However, now we are at least aware of it. And, any person who feels strongly enough about the quality of the translation might try to get someone else to take a shot at it or even do it themselves because they couldn't stand the level of quality. (or even help the translator to improve *gasp* What a novel concept!) So it is not a matter of us "not understanding". What you are asking us to understand is just a lie that you have convinced yourself of.

Double-page supporter
@GodGinrai I did not misread your comment.

Those people using criticism to mean "shitting on" are just as mistaken as those using "literally" to mean "figuratively".

I agreed with the premise, just not the comparison used, the two mistakes are not on the same level(IMO), hence why I called it a false analogy.

Double-page supporter
@gaigous Well, in that case, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Because, afaict, both sides of the analogy are where someone is mistaking the definition of a word for something different, which to me is the same degree of wrongness.

Double-page supporter
@GodGinrai Oh thank god, you have no idea how many people I've tried to agree to disagree with in the comment sections before now, most seem to take it as a subtle challenge to the validity of their statement, and then start insulting me like I called their honor into question and we're about to have a duel to the death over it, so thank you for being you!

Dex-chan lover
chinglish_signs14.jpg

While I appreciate your work, a proofreader would be greatly appreciated. I like the idea of using different typefaces to convey different emotions, but I think you were a little bit too enthusiastic about it. I think stick to like two or three at most, and you can always utilize different fonts from the same typeface.

im sorry i cant even read this at all an i dont mean to be rude but please learn how to type out sentences correctly or maybe get a proof reader in the future before u start translating manga

Dex-chan lover
I literally wasn't sure if I had smoked too much weed or if the grammar is just that terrible

Users who are viewing this thread