Jimi na Kensei wa Sore Demo Saikyou Desu - Vol. 2 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
Rain's scolding should be a daily prescribed vitamin like fish oil or some thing.

Dex-chan lover
"i wonder what my disciple is doing these days" hes busy being a castrated slave to an evil demon queen.
you might have taught him to fight but you never taught him to stand up for himself.

Aggregator gang
given how he's a several millennia old sage, I have to wonder if he actually knew exactly what those men were there for and sent them intentionally after MC instead of misguiding them...

someone is eavesdropping and no one is noticing it?????? Naniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii???

@Med1um - Meh, I knew what you were getting at. I read a lot of traditional and modern literature about Buddhism and Daoism, all that shit about being above mortal and worldly worries, etc. Because of that, even in fiction with those kinds of mindsets, I have yet to read about a character that was so uninterested after asking questions, to not come to a very obvious conclusion. If the guy never confronted them at all, and just watched them with disinterest, I would wholeheartedly agree with you. Because that implies that what they are doing is of no concern to him. This also applies to the argument that they intruded on his paradise. Because again, if he didn't care at all, he wouldn't have talked to them. I know, I'm over-reaching, it's a damn manga, lol. As I said, because of my own experiences it just felt way too forced and therefore cringey to me that this guy was that incompetent. Otherwise, ya, I agree with you about your opinion.

As for the "last straw" I was already annoyed from chapter 1. I just put up with it because I was hoping something may come out of it. But this chapter made me cave because of the issue with his master and how just horribly sub-servant the and condescending everyone is to the mc. In fact, except for the girl that likes him and for the most part Rain, the only people that treat him with any kind of respect is the hero's women. And that's simply because they fear him and are worried the hero would die if he didn't stop. So it's not even respect but fear.

Anyway, to each his own I suppose. I'm making it sound like a bigger deal then what it is, but that's just because I wanted to rant. It's honestly not all that bad, just to me it's forced and cringey when it doesn't need to be.

Fed-Kun's army
I dunno. Just throwing this out there but if they were assassins, you’d think they’d stop looking after their target had disappeared for, what, 8 years?

TBH, I think the only reason they’d be looking at all is that they wanted to confirm whether or not the silver-haired child was actually dead or not. Might be giving the author too much credit, but if I saw a young child who looked exactly like the child I thought was dead years prior, in the care of literally the strongest swordsman in their world, I’d want to verify whether or not it was really that kid before I acted on it.

And if I was told to find traces of said child’s death, found an unmarked grave that roughly lined up with where I expected her to be dead and some guy accused me of grave robbing in the middle of a forest where people clearly die, I’d probably be jumpy and draw a knife too.

Honestly the Rain is pretty fuckin ungrateful and now she is my third most disliked character in this manga

@KINGJOE excuse me If I came as rude, but how in the world does rain is ungrateful?

She was just upset to know the truth about how her name came to be, she deserved to be upset for that.
Imagine your parent name you as something funny and it was actually on the spot, even if you're cool about it, that doesn't mean others will do the same.

Dex-chan lover
@KINGJOE

@NeetGod
I share the same sentiments as you, good sir!

Honestly, one would expect some care from their parents. One should naturally assume that there’s a reason behind their name, may it be as simple as “it sounded nice” to “it means etc.” or “it has been passed through the generations”. To say “I came up with it on the spot” is like saying there is no meaning behind her name, that there is no reason behind it.

Of course, it is not fair to say she can absolutely hate the living guts out him for a name like “Rain”, but all she ever wanted was to find out some kind of significance behind the name, yet she was met with none...

Dex-chan lover
Is it that Rain is actually a heiress to the throne, and that the mother is a fleeing concubine... however, the king and queen have not produced any heir apparent, and had to search for the royal child?

or something of sorts?

Dex-chan lover
"Look, Rain, I asked you at the time, and you seemed fine with it. If you'd voiced your objections, I...probably would have dropped you in surprise."

Double-page supporter
@mekrabbat you just describe my brother with a baby after he forgot his/her name for the third time in a day... He seriously says "look he wasn't angry so can't that just be his name? "

Double-page supporter
but isn't a japanese thing choosing names about things present the moment the thing is born?
Yeah but it was supposed to have a special feeling or reason for that moment to stick out. But the dude named her with the first thing that came to his head

Users who are viewing this thread