Jimi na Kensei wa Sore Demo Saikyou Desu - Vol. 4 Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone even if it only kills the immediate, nuclear, family of people it cuts, it would be devastating in a society like that. Kill one noble, and you eliminate all the relatives that have been married into other noble families. So I would expect them to try revolting, since the way nobles tie their factions together, they would all have that dagger at their throats whenever he gets angry at one of them, they were already lucky not to be related to the Emperor.

Dex-chan lover
@CountryMage I'm confused. I thought the dagger only tracked blood relatives, not killed? The Emperor was cut by the dagger, so now it 'recognises' Rain?

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone you are correct, my mistake, it can find all the blood relatives, and the wielder is the genocidal sort, that would chase them all down.

@cor3zone
There is a big difference between might and will, read the spoiler
she already is
looking at it pragmatically, 1 v civil war death numbers, ill take the 1

Dex-chan lover
@alidan Yes, she already is. We know this, no need for a spoiler tag. But using your logic, if the nobles picked up some other child with silver hair and claimed they had the blood of the Emperor, then the best course of action would be to just kill the kid. Not the nobles plotting the coup, but the actual innocent and completely unrelated child.

Like I said, that's the way of tyrants, and fuck that. Killing an innocent and unwilling figurehead won't stop any war. Say the 'President' kills Rain, and all living blood relatives of the Emperor. That won't stop the resentment. Those innocent people killed will have connections with other people, and those people will resent the 'President' for killing innocents. Just like the 'President' resents the Emperor, the people will want to kill anyone related to the 'President'. It's a vicious cycle. To quote Machiavelli:
Many others … employing cruel means were unable to hold on to their state even in peaceful times, not to speak of the uncertain times of war. I believe this depends on whether cruelty be badly or well used. Those cruelties are well used, if it is permitted to speak well of evil, that are carried out in a single stroke, done out of necessity to protect oneself and then are not continued, but are instead converted into the greatest possible benefits for the subjects. Those cruelties are badly used that, although few at the outset, increase with the passing of time, instead of disappearing. Those who follow the first method can remedy their standing both with God and with men, as Agathocles did. The others cannot possibly maintain their position.
Use cruelty once, to stop opposition in a single stroke. The 'President' is so incompetent, his only tool is cruelty. How does he handle his enemies? By killing everyone related to them. How does he control his subordinates? By threatening to kill everone related to them. He's a one-trick pony, his only trick being cruelty, and a complete fucking hypocrite.

@cor3zone Yeah, this guy is just setting himself up for absolute failure. Killing off an Emperor's family in a coup is to be expected. Any living Heirs are a threat, and thats unavoidable. But, the way he's going about everything is leading to anxiety in his subjects and absolute animosity for his own cabinet. Not even to mention the nobles he over-threw. He's disliked by all major factions in his own nation for no good reason. He didn't see the forest from the trees and became the very thing he swore to destroy.

So he is just some trash who is pretty much on the revenge and dictator path huh. Makes me wonder why the divine treasures would serve him...

Fed-Kun's army
mann what a actual genius! Lets kill a newborn baby because they happened to be born to a family they have no control over. What a smart lad!

Fed-Kun's army
Well the Who's song comes to mind here

"Won't Get Fooled Again"

We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgement of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fold, that's all
And the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they are flown in the last war

Just like yesterday
No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
Oh I know that the hypnotized never lie
Do ya?

There's nothing in the streets
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by the bye
And a parting on the left
Is now a parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

Just like yesterday
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss
/

Aggregator gang
Look I'm someone who's fine with revenge, Petty reasons or not, but for a literal baby to get killed is kinda dick move ( I get the whole thing of a child coming up out of nowhere after a few year's for revenge, ) but it doesn't sit well with me, everyone else 15yr+ thou is somewhat fine by me,

Fed-Kun's army
what bullshit. Guy is a just a stupid asshole that wants to kill some child that wasnt even born yet

Double-page supporter
Okay now this is where he's not the rightful avenging guy he thinks he is. An innocent, powerless baby that happened to share the blood with the crazy, greedy royals? There's a limit to your goal. If you just kill-for-cause, then you're no better than a genocidal megalomaniac (no different than the genocidal royals, surprise surprise) than the people's avenger antihero.

He's a stupid overpowered bull or boar, that's what he is this hothead Ukyou guy. If he gets his way around the world unchallenged, there'd be no one else left but him & his divine treasures, which are just literal tools.

I guess this is why Grampa-God throws all the best-tempered Japanese guys to clean up after this one Japanese boar. He made this one mistake & had to throw in the rest of the others to stabilise this world.

Dex-chan lover
WHY IS VENTI- oh wait, didn't mondstadt also revolt against a tyrannical oppressor... yeah..

BUT STILL, VENTI

This guy is nuts. He is like Robespierre or Stalin, maybe even worse. I don't think that those two would threaten to kill their ministers and their families if they stepped down of the government.

Users who are viewing this thread