Jimi na Kensei wa Sore Demo Saikyou Desu - Vol. 4 Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
@Nk9bjP4A
hello welcome is this your first time in japan

@jimmyclear @yarielist
many personality traits are indeed heritable, which is one reason people used to execute entire families. People who are hot-tempered, rash, impulsive etc can often have children with the same traits. genetic predisposition is actually a pretty significant factor.

that said, upbringing (education, family, etc) is also important and can be used to mitigate many of these issues. and yeah, this guy is just mad. none of these characters are particularly complex or well written.

Dex-chan lover
@alidan I don't care about the people around that table. You do realise Mr. President is trying to kill Rain, right? MC's daughter?

"I'll purge every last drop of that Emperor's blood from the world..."
That includes Rain, and probably plenty of other innocent children from concubines, distant relatives, etc.. The point is, the President is condemning the previous Emperor for killing (presumably) innocent people, for failing to hand over the divine treasures that the President probably had. Now the President is trying to kill Rain, an innocent child until recently unaware of her bloodline, just for being related to the Emperor.

He's a complete hypocrite.

Dex-chan lover
Hurry up and throw yourself uselessly at the MC so he can knock you on your ass and then take his adopted daughter to a petting zoo or something.

Dex-chan lover
@Nk9bjP4A Soul Eater and Guilty Crown do this to name some off the top of my head. It’s nothing new but has been done better.

So the part near the end makes it sound like he expects to die or that he plans to get himself killed once he completes his objective

So a town gets killed of by a rotten king and this guy swears to kill off royal blood to the point he becomes rotten himself...... yeah I hope mc has plain old good time with this walking death flag of a "president"

Fed-Kun's army
@cor3zone
Take who he is doing it to out of the equation.
All he knows is that any drop of blood in a person is justification enough for a rebellion/war to start up, its a dick move, but at least in his perspective, it has the fewest amount of casualties, and keep in mind, in the war that would happen if blood relatives was left alive in a world where blood matters more than nearly anything else, the people dying are all innocent people who are used as pawns.

it sucks that it came to that, but its not a bad way to go about doing it.

Dex-chan lover
@alidan I'm not judging him based on the action itself; I'm judging him based on the motivations behind the action. He hates the Emperor so much, he is literally becoming just like him to get revenge. Ending the bloodline is not motivated by practicality, but rather by pure hatred.

I know a good ruler has to be cruel occasionally, but Mr. Hypocrite-President seems to still think he's a good person for being so cruel.

Edit: Also the fact that he's just an incompetent ruler. His only way of ruling is by threat of death to his subordinates? Come on. He's a dictator.

Dex-chan lover
@Trimmage

Which part? The one that they were massively persecuted by the Romans that we have Emperor Nero dousing people in napalm and lighting them on fire on a upside-down cross?

Or where the Christian Church started to get too full of itself?

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna wait until this arc is over. This isekai'd protagonist is unbearable

Fed-Kun's army
@cor3zone
Someone said this in a spoiler so ill spoil this too incase its correct
she is already trying to be used by the power hungry to start another civil war

the king was a piece of shit, he needed to die, the people directly around him needed to die, anyone with blood of his in him needed to die to stamp out any rebellion, you are thinking like a normal rational person and not understanding how people in power will cling to it with whatever little shread they have.
this guy being cruel, and he is still in the middle of the cruel phase which should end the moment the blood is gone.
Taking the whole we know the kid out of the equation, I am 100% on his side, less suffering will happen if the kid is gone.

Came back to this after months and it's still boring as shit, I wonder how many people support this shitshow for the author to still be paying rent with it.

Dex-chan lover
@alidan You do realise that without the divine treasure capable of tracking bloodlines, they have no way to actually prove she's related to the Emperor? If not her, the nobles (whom do not possess the divine treasure, and thus have no way to prove anything) would just find someone else with similar features to the Emperor, and claim they are the legitimate heir. Are you saying it's fine, even just, to kill anyone, even innocent and completely unrelated people, if there's a chance they might be used to fuel a war?

That's the way of tyrants, friend. Fuck that.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone even worse, the emperor killed a whole town, which is only "everyone" if you lived there, but this "president" is setting his new domain on a course to wipe out the whole country. Especially if the blood dagger is as indiscriminate as killing all the commoners that have been born from a noble's rape of the populace.

Dex-chan lover
@CountryMage Makes me wonder, how does the dagger work? Will it only detect direct descendants of people it cut, the Emperor->Rain in this case, or will it detect everyone within a certain range of genetic similarity? If the latter, it could detect distant relatives from an ancient branch in the family tree. Or even complete strangers who just happened to possess and pass on the same genetic markers.🤔

Users who are viewing this thread