Jimi na Kensei wa Sore Demo Saikyou Desu - Vol. 6 Ch. 48

Dex-chan lover
@Twenty4carats happens often to people who find themselves at the top based on their natural talent. You probably saw something like this in high-school that one prodigy freshman gets dunked by a senior in something and goes nuts. Its because their entire life was built around themselves being the best and at their first sign of not being the best their entire world falls apart. They throw around excuses and point out flaws and even make up flaws until they are forced to face reality and get humble or don't and just remain the same until they die.

Dex-chan lover
And yet he still hasn't treated anyone as a serious threat. Only a minor annoyance (in this fight). I really do want to see him go all out. We keep hearing horror stories about his master, and they make me want to see it even more.

Dex-chan lover
@Mick96
Meh. I was told in these very forums that he would go nuts on this berserker, too. And I just saw how that didn't turn out.

@Riger: the thing is, considering how overpowered he is, for him to go all out would mean to be rampaging and fighting whole countries at once (as his master did).

Dex-chan lover
@Aeliandil
I don't know. We know the master was powerful enough to cause havoc all over the world, and even scare the legendary treasures. But we also know that the mc claims he isn't as strong as his master. Has he actually done anything actually 'inhuman' so far? Most of what I remember can be labeled as just skill and reflexes.

Dex-chan lover
Lol yup, as expected Sansui is collecting disciples. Looking forward to see how Ran grows, seeing a Beserker after training sounds awesome to watch

Idk why the the girl was sulking. Irregardless of what Sansui says, his actions(in this case, exhibiting his skills to beat a berserker that everyone had a hard time dealing with) will speak volumes than how he humbly says that he's still far from his Master's level.

Idk why she thinks it'll look bad for the family's reputation. Or maybe there's an angle but i just can't see it.

everything is sunshiny and rainbows until you remember that 4 chapters ago the king wanted to enslave the berserker girl

Bk3xB1S.png

she just wanted to fight everyone, she is not particularly evil, she is just naive and a little stupid, its not enough reason to become a slave with a curse.

Fed-Kun's army
@phalanx21
It mainly because it made Sansui look like not appreciating the praise he received from a noble family who also happens to be his master, obviously, this is mostly minor detail especially because Sansui only looked humble to most people but it is still not a good attitude from a servant.

@joel7686
thats a very loaded and difficult problem even in our current society
usualy in our modern society rabid dogs are put down
now thats medival fantasy society where a single human life has a much less base worth than in ours so she is already lucky that they didnt kill/cripple/poison/imprison her not to mention that they healed her
and lets be honest what sansui did to her was about as brutal as enslaving her... he broke her spirit like you would do when training a wild animal

with people like her that stubbornly act regardless of rules, customs and regulations that everyone else is abiding by there is no clean or good solution for all parties involved its just a matter of how the yuk is distributed among the parties involved

edit: the solution "most clean" would have been to let her die from her wounds
but even thats iffy and yuk as hell
right now they are essentialy training and taming her you can class it up and say education and re-socialization but it doesnt change that its basicly the same approach humans took to domesticate wild animals which is also a minor form of brainwashing

@Roadrunner9000 well, the king just want to have a new weapon to be used, and because she have a fan club, he will get 5 weapons instead of one, the best solution for the king is to enslave her with a magic seal, just like the overpower mage dude from a few chapter ago, he was not able to control his magic so he volunteer to get his magic sealed.
The berserker does not have such problem, she can control her powers very well, she chose not to, as you said, Sansui already broke her spirit, she is already tamed, best solution for her would be to receive a seal e be sent back home she is from a village of rare magic users, she ran away from her home along side other rare magic users, they lived on that village for a reason, to be protected and not used by anyone.
This may look like a medieval world to you because there are kings, but its not like our medieval period from the 15th century, besides having a king and nobility, everything on that world is very close to the 21th century, i believe you mistaken some things about this world, they don't have lack of technology or lack of a justice system, you might be mistaken it by other isekai.

@joel7686
they lack humanitarian values for one... which funnyly enough is theorized to be a by product of monarchy
2. their laws and customs protect a nobles crest more than a peasants life
and 3 the abuse of power isnt considered a crime or even a offence unless you cause trouble to your betters
4. human rights and "due process" might have slipped your mind too
afterall the mass execution sansui was ordered to do was a bit much
or how non nobles are only treated as worthy when they have rare sorcery

well i hope its phrased friendly because thats not realy my strength
your entire argument is based on the presumption that the beat down by sansui was sufficient as punishment and that she wont cause trouble again....
also you would like to see her free and protected but those are mutualy exclusive you are either free or protected
even if your not the one paying for it protection always includes limitations
for eg she was protected in her village but she chose to forego that protection because she wanted to travel freely

also being broken by sansui was the alternative to straight out murdering/harming her
and is at best a temporary measure which is why it is cruel... if the whole process can be ended with one episode of being broken even i would say good choice since she caused it herself but to create a lasting effect the trauma has to reach deep into her core
if there isnt a lasting effect she might recover and come back for revenge

as for her need to be protected
if you judge a attempt you also have to consider the scenario what if the attempt had been successfull
just imagine what would have happened in the backyard of sopeid if she was second only to sansui in strength?
a bloodbath with the possibility of fatalities

and just like in todays world if you are a proven risk to a country or people ruling a country you have two choices
become a tool or be disposed

@Roadrunner9000
2. their laws and customs protect a nobles crest more than a peasants life
politicians and judges from the 21th century are the same
3 the abuse of power isn't considered a crime or even a offense unless you cause trouble to your betters
Again, ask any lawyer, he can tell you the name of at least 10 politicians that should be in jail, but they are free and ruling
4. human rights and "due process" might have slipped your mind too
Code:
Former prisoners told us of physical as well as psychological torture in the camps. Entire families had disappeared, and we were told detainees were tortured physically and mentally. We also saw evidence of almost a complete surveillance state in Xinjiang.
and that's happening right now, by one of the biggest countries on the modern political landscape source
Even if you think it might be a conspiracy theory, you can check here for a list of all war crimes from 2011 to 2019
https://news.un.org/en/tags/war-crimes
The execution of a few assassins in comparison is laughable

also you would like to see her free and protected but those are mutually exclusive you are either free or protected
even if your not the one paying for it protection always includes limitations
I never, ever said that she would be free or unpunished, having her powers sealed means that she would be powerless, and she was only able to run away because she was to strong to be contained by the village, she will probably be severe punished when she comes back

as for her need to be protected
Again, i never said she need to be protected, she must be punished, but becoming a living weapon, enslave by some random king is too much.

Edit: She never killed anyone dude, no bloodbath here or possibility of a bloodbath.

Dex-chan lover
wow wow. sophisticated discussion, if anything let this bloke (me) point out his disciplines have grew an extraordinary amount this chapter. almost like a harem of a shounen protagonist

Fed-Kun's army
Aww, I was hoping for a few more chapters of her being savagely beaten.

Users who are viewing this thread