Jimoto no Ijimekko-tachi ni Shikaeshi Shiyou to Shitara, Betsu no Tatakai ga Hajimatta. - Ch. 86 - The Battle to exorcise the spirit has begun

Group Leader
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
2,938
Perhaps this is my lack of worldliness speaking, but I think this is the first time I've ever seen a brush get censored of all things. I get why it was, but still.
the brush strokes were censored, and yet what was written in the end was not :meguupog:

I wonder what it said. In this panel you can see some of it go below her sternum:

1791433248663.png

I asked AI to translate.

For the Paper talisman:
  • 「悪霊退散」 (Akurē Taisan / Akuryō Taisan)
  • Meaning: "Evil Spirits, Begone!" or "Exorcise Evil Spirits". This is a very common Japanese Buddhist and Shinto warding phrase used to repel or seal demons and curses.

For the writing on her skin, it explained these are excerpts from the Heart Sutra (Prajñāpāramitā Hṛdaya Sūtra), a foundational Buddhist text:
  • Right Line: 若波羅蜜多 (…jñā pā ram i tā)
  • Left Line: 綿摩訶般 (…mya mahā prajñā) — Note that "綿" (mian) is likely used here as an intentional variant, shorthand, or stylized rendering of 「羅」 or 「密」 from the opening sequence of the sutra: 「摩訶般若波羅蜜多」 (Mahā Prajñāpāramitā).
  • Meaning: This phrase translates to "The Great Perfection of Wisdom".
But when I clicked the sources the AI supposedly used, and I tried to find CTRL+F these lines.... they didn't exist....

It sounds plausible....

If that's the case, Kotaro is quite impressive to be able scramble excerpts from the Heart Sutra from memory as his friend is high-key getting off in front of him in a stressful situation.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 19, 2019
Messages
98
I am really thinking hard here.

...

I don't think I have ever seen a talisman bra before. Is this an innovation?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top