Jisatsutou

Power Uploader
@Solipsist

Hear, hear! I agree with you, heartily. Not so much about the dragging out, because I think that's intentional on the author to illustrate the point he's trying to make.

The problem is the point itself is infuriating.

Kai as the epithome of the civilised man who lost his bond with nature and became psychotic and empty.

Sei as the man who rediscovers that bond and finds happiness.

Everything else as a discussion on the effects of modernity on people.

This whole series is a hodge-podge of armchair psychology/sociology coming from the mind of a man who thinks he's Thoreau or something.

I remember how hilarious the Batoto section on the series was, minutely describing every single mistake the author made in his Survival for Dummies digressions. From deer population dynamics to archery.

The only mystery left is why I'm still translating this.

Well, chapters 146-149 are waiting to be typeset. Volume 16 is on its way. I'll see this to the end. But at this point, I don't even feel like writing derisive notes in the margins as I used to do. I just want this to be over.

@Kendama

Just wanted to thank you for working in this series, been following from a while back and with all it's mistakes I really enjoyed.
Also, really? there is ANOTHER volume coming? I thought that this manga had 5 chapters left tops. What else can they trow at this manga if the antagonist dies? is the plot armor too strong or the author just wanted another volume to sell? I just can hope for a nice explanation and ending to this.

Dex-chan lover
@Kendama
Heh...I recall having a similar conversation with someone about what you mentioned.
Sure, the characters are all sufficiently realistic. It makes enough sense that these sort of archetypes to exist.
But that sure as hell doesn't necessarily mean they're going to be enjoyable to watch.

Power Uploader
@Solipsist

Not enjoyable to watch… or a fair assessment of human condition, for that matter.

While I like my brain-dead action manga like so many others, I love it when the author has a thesis, or tries to make a point, or just supplies some food for thought.

But this author doesn't make the cut. He failed just as spectacularly in Destroy and Revolution. Just preaching without substance or style.

Just bought the two last volumes to see the end,

it's been a good run but the end of the story was made with hurry and it is seen .

Thanks for the scans, good serie.

....why bother ur country released u from their laws so why bother staying alive???? @_@ i dont understand @_@ they tried to kill themself so many times but the laws kept them from doing so but now that they can they dont

Double-page supporter
Im in love with this manga. It was pretty hard to read it at first because the artstyle is so unusual. Then I realized the characters design are so much more realistic than those mangas that make everyone look like a beauty/bishie. Now Im so fond of this artstyle that I may not read this without it.

Dex-chan lover
Either the author is a complete troll or an extreme ideological pacifist.

Sei's self persecution and the persecution of others towards him for even the lowest amount of aggression is disingenuous.

The characters are all complete wimps and there is zero believable psychology anywhere to be found.
Even simple notions like group-think and Us VS Them are skirted to follow an irrational plot simply for the author to vomit his views.

It's endlessly enraging and shows a complete lack of any sort of life experience from the author either in sociology, psychology or even survival.

Characters are so spineless, it hurts. Still, quite interesting manga, if you can survive reading about stupid wimps instead of real characters.

I just found out that this is supposedly a sequel to a story called "Muhoutou" but it doesn't seem to have been translated from what I can find.

This is an intriguing story. It deals with a very real problem in modern Japanese society. I quick read to chap. 22 and the progress has been quite logical. The author obviously did some real research, but if you come from a western mindset, you may not fully understand the why and the how of these characters.

I have read Holyland by this same dude and now im seeing these covers... damn, this guy art is so fucking ugly

Dex-chan lover
he does have his distinctive art style, combined with the mood/stories that his manga portrays... makes you wanna slit your wrists

Fed-Kun's army
It's pretty interesting, but prepare to be annoyed at the main people, they're so dumb and weak-minded, and many people die because of it, but no one cares about how dumb they are. They cry over their dead comrades though, don't get me wrong.
The life on the island is interesting for a good while, and them becoming adults from kids playing Vidya all day is a nice progression. All in all a decent read if you like seinen and survival

For fuck's sake this MC. Idk what's wrong with his brain unable to kill someone that is threatening his loved ones. This is so very irritating and annoying - AND UNREALISTIC! Human as we are, are evil to the core! We won't have this much patience the same as the MC to not murder someone who has been killing our friends and family! FUCK YOU SEI!

Users who are viewing this thread