Jishou Akuyaku Reijou na Konyakusha no Kansatsu Kiroku - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
@Sparrow75
Bertia may be trying to make the prince happy, but she was willing to bring her own family to ruin and make her own father be sentenced with everything short of execution. And while Heronia also doesn't extend selflessness to everyone, she does seem to genuinely care about some people's happiness, even if her methods of reaching that are ridiculous.

Since both Bertia and Heronia are so incompetent, it really seems like everything turned out the way it did because the Prince decided it that way.

Dex-chan lover
Both Heroina and Bertia are dumb as a rock. But bertia is a lot more likeable in general than Heroina. I hope the prince gives her a piece of his mind along with a grand declaration of his love to Bertia lol

I kind of feel sorry for her. But at the same time I just want this to hurry up already.

Okay, Bertia is stupid. She’s also endearing, pure, and entertaining. I love her character and I won’t hold the fact that she’s dim against her. And it was nice seeing the ML do more to ensure their relationships and outwitting the villainess throughout the entire story. It kind of felt like I was observing things in real time whenever his perspective came into play, which I believe has been the majority of the story.

I dropped the novel after the "trial"

The f*cking bird gets slaughtered and becomes nothing. But the b*tch still does not get killed despite attacking the crown prince and even receives a chance for happiness. Extremely unsatisfying, which makes me prefer Wuxia novels by a long shot.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine one of you nerds being whisked into your favorite game and spending your life trying to apply your past knowledge, failing and being cucked.

Dex-chan lover
@SugarArirang Same here. She is truly acting in the best interest of someone else (the prince), but just like mc she has trouble seeing the plot has been averted. The only difference is that ppl actually plot against her to lead her into this situation (like prince said in a prior chapter, he wants to make her a scapegoat for a "condemnation event" just to assuage mc's psyche).

- The evidence she found was legit, she was just unaware that this time the father was a spy and not a criminal (sad coincidence).
- The ppl who had told her they had been bullied were stated this chapter to likely have actually been feeding her that information, which with her assumptions led to further ones (unfortunate bias).
- The brother had actually led her on about being maltreated (prince's orders a few chapters back).
- bertia had actually tried to follow plot and bully her (affirming her bias/view on the world)
- She is led on by 'hedonistic men' who says anything they think she wants to hear, but is fine throwing her to the ravens when in public (likely to further affirm her misunderstanding and make her shoot herself in the foot thinking she has backup)
All combined with her having a supposedly really good reason to fixate on the prince like this (mc wants to sacrifice both herself and her family for said unsaid reason, no matter what bullshit author ends up coming up with, it clearly is legitimate from a plot-perspective. And she even made it very clear she knows of it to when she shouted at mc a few chapters back, about how she is ok not getting any other capture target, but mc blocking the prince-route is actually something objectively unforgiveable), it really paints a pitiable picture about her current situation.

Dex-chan lover
@Rozzak

tumblr_inline_pqteh0cizT1ujheqb_1280.png

She didn’t do enough research, and only trust in old information, and that’s become her downfalls

@feha
she's not really thinking about the prince. She only thinks about herself and what she wants/thinks she's her by right being the game MC.
If she thought about the prince she wouldn't aim for the harem route first, everything she does is for HER well being. I could delve into it more but it's spoiler and I don't know how to hide it.

@feha
subjectively unforgivable. It would only be objective if given all the information what she was doing was right. But it's only from her perspective that she is right.

Dex-chan lover
@megagen no, I am fairly certain she implied it was objective, and not something subjective based in her selfishness (take note that I were talking about her claims, not the actual state of the world).
But yes, what she were claiming is probably objectively untrue, as we know because the plot is obviously averted since long ago and the story clearly has mc as mc.

@Ulgan If she only cared about herself and her right as a heroine, she would not have quickly given up on harem route and the other targets.
I could delve into it more about why she thinks it is important to not only the prince, but also the entire world. But its a spoiler and I rather not do more than insinuate it so you know what I talk about since you seem to know what is revealed ahead.
<- not quite a spoiler, but still a spoiler.
Just because she tried for maximum personal gain (harem) initially, does not mean that she isn't acting selflessly. Particularly at this point in the story.
As for an actual spoiler:
I hope mangaka adapts the star wars chapter that the tl wrote.

@feha
point is, she had to give up the harem route since all the other targets got in a relationship (which doesn't happen in the game) while the prince's route is supposed to have him in a relationship so she was left with only the prince. And yes, I know what happens since I read the LN, and exactly for that reason I think that at this point she only acts thinking for herself: sure, she won't be the only one to benefit from it, but that only let her feel more entited to act that way, doesn't change the fact that she acts for herself.
(I'm trying to be vague since, again, I don't know how to put up spoilers, but it's not that easy)

And about the second spoiler: I'd love to see it as an extra, unfortunately it's impossible (and I know you know).

Users who are viewing this thread