Jitsu wa Ore, Saikyou Deshita? - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.1 - I'm Being Hated by Charlotte

"She's not used to someone of the opposite sex that's close to her age"

Have they lived separately until recently? What kind of BS scenario is this? F*** off please...

Double-page supporter
MC wants to leave his home so he can become a shutin?
Yup makes perfect sense.

what?, this does not make any sense, how the f*ck the daughter can't deal with someone of the opposite sex, that guy over there has been living with them for 9 years and still, she never talked to him?, what the fck dude

Banned
Adopted kid.... is the heir...

Younger sister... despite apparently the parents not being able to breed naturally. Maybe they got over it. Maybe she was also adopted. The latter would explain why she wasn't inheriting... or else they're stuck with Agnatic succession...

Dude is... 10 years old... but somehow thinks of himself as a 30-year-old despite never having aged past 20 or so. Arrogant little shit reckons that because he adds his two lifespans together that he has any clue what it is actually like to be 30? Age doesn't work that way, idiot. Age experience is more than just a number.

@Kaarme : That'd defeat the entire purpose of isekai. The genre is about empowerment fantasies for the underdog... not rewarding the already successful with even more success. It rarely ever feels deserved.

Dex-chan lover
@SotiCoto I'd hesitate to agree on that generalisation. I feel like I've seen plenty of isekai with rather normal MCs. Some might have faced difficulties after being summoned/reincarnated, but would have been just fine in their original world. Tate Yuusha is a very stereotypic series where the MC is treated poorly for no reason of his own, but he was nothing weird in his original world, just an ordinary otaku university student. I suppose that made his treatment in the new world worse because he wasn't used to it, like a real underdog. Another classic of the more neutral kind, Slime Datta Ken, has, again, a perfectly ordinary office worker dude. He's pretty well off in the new world. If we take something like Mondaiji-tachi, the male MC is actually more like a bully than anything like an underdog in the original world, and in the new world he's even better off.

I'd need to go through my list of read series to make a real list of examples, so I'll just leave it at that.

Banned
@Kaarme : Well okay, there are a few cases of isekai where punishment seems to be the purpose rather than compensation for a poor life... though admittedly only the infamous nazi loli of doom comes to mind right now. Still, I can't think of any isekai protagonist who was genuinely happy and successful in their life to the point where it would make others envious. The most usual situations are loner / otaku / outsider highschool kids... or overworked black company employees.

Dex-chan lover
@SotiCoto I'd say it's more of a problem of the very structure of the story, rather than being an underdog the readers could sympathise with. After all, if you had an MC that was super successful and enviable in their original world, it would inevitably lead to a situation where the MC would want nothing more than to return to their original world. While wanting to return is not a super rare condition in isekai, generally speaking it's not the only motivation, by far, in the head of the MC (or MCs). Unless the isekai is all about finding the way back, it would just get annoying before long.

That being said, for a RL underdog, like a bullied school kid, just a regular fellow is already something to be envious of. I consider the romantic inexperience of the MCs more of a joke than something that would make them underdogs and losers in life. If you are decently good looking, have a solid job, or are a student doing just fine, there's nothing in particular preventing you from having a romantic relationship. It's just the usual riajuu, explode joke and the shounen genre virgin status that keeps them inexperienced. It would also be sad to leave a girlfriend or a boyfriend behind when summoned/reincarnated. Actually, that could lead to an infuriating plot. I was going to mention a series name as an example, but it could be a spoiler if you aren't reading it.

Banned
@Kaarme
Unless the isekai is all about finding the way back, it would just get annoying before long.
That is more classic isekai than modern isekai. Like Magic Knight Rayearth. Effectively a different subgenre.

I consider the romantic inexperience of the MCs more of a joke than something that would make them underdogs and losers in life
They're generally portrayed as losers for being that way though, and at some level often consider themselves so.
I guess I'm not really a good judge on that sort of thing though since my particular perspective is really abnormal one... so I can't really relate to their situation at all.

when little sister doesn't call you onii-chan like manga said and stays away from you
XXCLTblX_400x400.jpg

๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…
no outside moment
๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ

Dex-chan lover
Im really confused as wanting to live as a shut in in medieval times....am i missing something here?
Living as a shut in in modern times makes sense, theres cellphones, the internet, etc to entertain you. But what exactly does he plan to do shut in his room for the rest of his life? Study barrier magic? Look at his ceiling till he dies?

Its just so weird, if he was saying he just wants to be a bum that never works thats fine, makes total sense...but a shut in?
And also if he is leaving....why does he care if the little sister that he is leaving likes him?...I mean he is literally abandoning her and the family....
Would you be happier if they used the more era-appropriate term of hermit?

Dex-chan lover
@kurokuroi pg 1, panel 2 โ€œby the time I became an infantโ€? He was an infant up until this point. Did you mean โ€œsince I was an infantโ€?
Probably meant toddler. Could be a translation issue.

Double-page supporter
Probably meant toddler. Could be a translation issue.
From what I can tell from the raw, it's a mistranslation. There's no word for infant, toddler, or any other kind of baby or small child. He does talk about "weaning" (ไนณ้›ขใ‚Œ), however, which Google Translate "helpfully" translates as "weaning the baby". I'm fairly certain he's talking about originally planning to leave after he was weaned, which makes sense, as at that point he'd be able to feed himself.

Users who are viewing this thread