Jitsu wa Watashi wa

Man .....what a ride. This is one of those few mangas, that's you hate to see end. I sure wish to see how adult life is for all of them. T^T

Fed-Kun's army
Is there shitty harem in this ? or will they become a real couple before the end of the manga ?

I give it a 7.5. It began strongly with good characters and humor but the second half of the series dragged horribly at times as the resolution of the romantic arc killed all the tension in the plot.

So I wanna read this but before I do, does the main couple, Asahi and Shirigami, actually become a couple? Because I just skimmed the end and it doesnt look like it and that kind of puts me off of reading it.

Finally sat down and read this in about 2 and half days after putting it off for a few months. I absolutely loved every second of it. It was definitely a rollercoaster from start to finish in the best way possible. It made me laugh, made me cry, both signs of a very good story. I love how it resolved, though I'm still sad that it's over. I do hope the author picks up a follow up series. I heard the anime was sadly butchered, but maybe one day someone else will make the anime this series deserves.

Dex-chan lover
Just wanted to also say something:
The first "half", as far as I remember, is pretty darn funny. But from there it drops down to the same repeated tskummoki jokes, and it feels like it goes nowhere. It sure did go for much longer than it ever needed to.

Had a redditor suggest i read this after talking about how much i loved reLife and I genuinely liked it, its like the good version of rossario. the first half was good at setting up rivals, however it got a little redundant when everyone but his little sister falls in love with him, would of liked to see other relationships bud/bloom like sakurada's but There are some events that i wished to see more of that happen in the last 1/4th of the series, but it also might be me wanting every romcom to do what takagi-san and do a fast forward and still keep a similar tone. Overall its a good series with light-hearted fun ride that made me happy where all the characters ended up. just wish we could of seen 10 years into the future more.

Dex-chan lover
@Darudius
They become a couple even before the halfway point.
Bigger spoiler
Youko even gets pregnant while still in high school

I put this off for a while, and while i think the "harem" tag is misleading in that Asahi doesn't appear to get any kind of confirmed harm, i absolutely loved this story. spent the last few days reading a bunch of chapters when i could and it was well worth it.

Double-page supporter
I have no idea how can ppl stand this drawing style...

Aggregator gang
@Owyn
Yeah, the art style's not exactly the most appealing for the first chapters. But it gets much better in the third or fourth volume.

Dex-chan lover
this is by far my favorite romantic comedy manga of all time. the characters are all entertaining and funny alongside a brilliant use of facial expressions that seem right out of some of the mangaka's earlier horror works. And that isn't even touching the honestly dramatic and heartfelt aspects that appear as the series goes on.

There will NEVER be a moment where characters are allowed to get rid of the idiot balls they're holding.

Double-page supporter
Please note: This is, in my opinion, the greatest romance manga of all time.

It starts off seeming like your typical harem romp ( i strongly dislike harems so this put me off initially), but Jitsu Wa transforms into one of the most well written, character driven stories I have ever read. If I had to sum up Jitsu Wa with two words I would call it "immensely satisfying".

Eiji Masuda's a fantastic author, and Jitsu Wa is a really underrated gem. It'll always have a special place in my heart.

tl;dr - PLEASE read jitsu wa watashi wa

Awesome manga, the characters are super wholesome and the story is great. There’s a good mix between romance and comedy, honestly one of the best manga I’ve read.

Users who are viewing this thread