Jitsu wa Watashi wa

@sugodeka
She doesn't though, it's just the running gag from when he said he wouldn't get a nosebleed from a pervert

@merukit
Sort of
There are 3+ romantically interested, but from the start it is unrequited

Just read through all of it. It's a really good romcom with a splash of drama. I enjoyed the comedy, though some chapters did drag a bit, but I believe those slice of life moments really helped during the ending. The ending was great and having marathoned through the series in a week, I really felt as if I was graduating with them, reliving all of the events that occured through the manga. Although not from the manga, there's a quote from the American tv show The Office said by the character Andy Bernard that really sums up the feeling you get by reading through to the end of this manga. "I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them".

The romance was handled nicely. Don't be fooled by the harem tag. It deals with it in a refreshingly straightforward manner. Read the spoiler on my thoughts about the romance.

I honestly enjoy the romantic developments that occur throughout the manga, especially the fact that it doesn't take for-fucking-ever for the main couple to get together. What I really like is that they go beyond the "hand holding" trope so commonly featured in other shounen romance manga, i.e. dates that actually lead to things, multiple kiss moments between the main couple, proposal, pregnancy (though the path to pregnancy is unique due to the nature of this manga). I also believe the main "harem" was handled great, since it really delved deep into their feelings and used it as a way to progress the story and the characters. Though it is kind of annoying to hear Mikan declaring her love for Asahi all the damn time.

The characters really came alive in this series and I hope I can find another one that can fill a similar void now that I've finished reading this. Props to Masuda Eiji and his team for the beautiful story and artwork, and to the Futari wa Pretty Anon scanlation team for their work in translating this manga.

It was good but i dropped it around 70 chapters in. Story is progressing way too slow. And what makes this read boring is that
the other girls have 0% chance at getting the mc. Why is this even a harem?
I dont recommend it

Dex-chan lover
I agree with @Evandel I also dropped it at ch70. I wanted to like it but there just wasn't anything new being added. I just had no interest in reading another chapter. Plus what Evandel mentions in the Spoiler.

Dex-chan lover
if you're looking for good laughs, read this, it's incredibly fun.

The romance isn't so bad either, but don't expect the harem, the other girls are only there to make character development for the main couple :p

Fantastic romcom where the ending is really satisfying. If you enjoyed something like B Gata H Kei (the manga; also a fantastic one) with no ecchi and way more comedy, definitely read this!

Finally got around to reading this, watched the anime when it came out and loved it.
The story is crazy and great, good romance with a happy ending, what more could you want?
Of course, you shouldn't expect a harem, that's not the point of the story. It's about love and accepting that your feelings aren't reciprocated.

Dex-chan lover
@Evandel you know that describes a ton of other series with that tag, right? Full on harem endings don't make any sense in a modern day Japan setting, so the other guys or girls are just there to generate drama and character development and what not. After reading so many of these things you generally get a feel for how it's going to be handled. This one's ending was obvious from the start, so it was about the journey not the destination.

Dex-chan lover
one pure rom com without any kind of drama whatsoever, if you like that like me then go read it. Although at some parts it can get pretty boring especially if you binge-reading it

I gave it a 10 and I read it in two sittings

I didn't mind it even with the binge
but regardless it's a masterpiece

A damn good read. Though it does get a little verbose around the middle, it does eventually pick up steam later.

My first manga(that took me to read manga online to be exact) followed it weekly and finally finish it years ago,but still has to be the best ending i ever read till now

Dex-chan lover
Read it.
Readitreaditreaditreaditreaditreaditreadit.
C'mooooon man,read it.
I promise you,this one does NOT disappoint anyone.
It give the best laughs,the best cries,but most importantly...
The Best story
10 outta 10,read it.
NOW!

this is without a doubt, the best look at high school life for anyone no matter where you are. read this. it's great.

slowed down reading a lot for the last few chapters bc i didnt want it to end

10/10 i love these idiots

Users who are viewing this thread