JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - No Endless Rain Lasts Forever

Fed-Kun's army
Gosh, she did what she had to protect herself. She would have been abused way worse if she didn't act like that.

u know, m bingy didn't raising cuz the logic of this plot (=_ = . It like mixing in tornado hahahah...... what the hell fuck did I hope again after this manga got updated again!? (=_ = .

Group Leader
Due to highly spoilerific reasons, this chapter is indicative of one of the things that really bugs me about this series...

So the idea of just playing along with Mr. Rapey's power fantasy seems more or less okay because she's in a nasty situation and it's a self defense maneuver that she appears to earnestly regret. However, she's already exceptionally tough at this point if she turns off her self-debuffs... which means basically every single unpleasant situation we see that happens to her from the start of the series is because she allows it, in some fashion.

So, despite having extremely high stats at this point, easily enough to knock him out, she decides to play along and sic him on Crimson Rain, who she's still convinced is pretty weak.

Though, I suspect this is less intentional and more the author not quite thinking things through when putting the story together... but so much of this series takes a on a decidedly unpleasant tone (in a different way) when you read it knowing she's a freakin' demigod.

Group Leader
@whiteKat
The god of that world was her first customer and gave her her cheat then: "Creation Pregnancy. When a man cums in you, you receive his experience points and skills." And he tells her that's her skill, alongside some commentary and vague prophetic stuff, so there's no ambiguity about how it could possibly work-- evidence of that is suggested in ch3 where she's dead set on jumping on him before he finishes. (Though that's counteracted elsewhere: As I recall, there's a mention somewhere that, per brothel rules, it doesn't technically count unless it's inside them, which means he could've demanded a refund if she didn't dive on him*.)

Incidentally, she gets the skill limiter skill from the guy into choking her in ch2 who buys her out from under Sumo, though since it wasn't their first time, she should already have it then.

*Edit: Oh. Yeah. It was right in that chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@Harvester
Despite her supposedly having these powers right now, I see literally not one sign or mention of them existing in these 4 chapters so far. Was the novel like this at first too? Do you have to read the whole novel to learn she had these powers the whole time? If not, maybe the manga is going to rewrite things to make them a little more sensible.

Group Leader
@orochijes Skip the second spoiler if you don't want plot-related reveals.

Yep, the *N is like this too-- the reader doesn't really learn of her full capabilities until the situation breaks down... by page count, I'd guess about 90% of the way through, excluding the side stories. My guess is that the author didn't really know where the story was going and didn't go back to change things, because, well, things look really different when you account for that.

If I recall correctly, the very first occasion where her abilities are directly hinted at is after the big gangrape scene-- and Haru is absolutely fine, from a purely physical standpoint, while we quickly learn that Shequraso is on the verge of death from a similar treatment, despite being older and more used to the work. Then there's the explicit reveal that she did receive a cheat followed by her rampaging on them, interspersed with introspection and flashback, where we get some details, like how she got it, who she got major skills from, etc.

I don't think it's getting rewritten though; right now, it's about as close as you can get to a scene for scene reproduction... chapter breaks are in the same place, and a lot of the dialogue is exact.

Chiba deserves happiness

It's a shame that Chiba never has a happy closing, will continue to want to change the world and save Haru, while everyone treats him as an idiot.
Meanwhile Haru will find happiness with the baby and being a prostitute

Dex-chan lover
@Harvester

correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't haru just ignore the skills she gains just coz she doesn't care at first?

Group Leader
@DARLINGBEAR
For the most part, yeah. I think it's more her mindset: "Why would I want this? Ugh, whatever, turn it off." It's kind of like if you woke up tomorrow and found that you always had the innate trait 'Master Falconer'... yay? (And just because I said that, I bet somebody here's going to be a hardcore LARPer...) Though I think she says she does actually use a few of the skills that she gets, relevant to her job, like 'Beautiful Hair' and 'Nice Butt'. But, even if she's ignoring combat-related skills, it doesn't change that she has the capacity to use them. (And, as I recall, it's implied that she does in a few cases, as she has a much greater endurance than the typical person.)

Dex-chan lover
its been almost 10 months and we reached chapter 4
good pace boys keep it up and we might reach an interesting arc when we are 70

Dex-chan lover
@Garn

That's probably because, while you may not have already noticed, Chiba is a piece of shit.
"You can be my (literal) slave!" Is not actually a great offer when you're the one on the receiving side.
Am I maybe missing something from the LN that makes this not true?

Dex-chan lover
Wow, what another painful chapter; I cant seem to look away from JK Realistic Isekai, though...

About the info in
I have a daughter, and I can't even tell you how many times I told her in her teens "this is really important, please listen" onlynto have her tell me "I got it mom! OMG, it's fine! Whatever, I understand!" And she didn't pay any attention at all.
This is so accurate to a teen girl getting powers, that I'm now totally unsurprised by the whole manga. Gets important information, blows it off because things aren't currently perfect.
Damn, this story is harsh.

Group Leader
@Seraphus Re:Chiba...
Well-- no. He basically goes from stupidly well meaning (Well... sort of. I'm of the mind he earnestly believes that 'sex slavemember of the hero's harem' is a good thing, and he would actually try to protect them and not kick them around, but whether or not that's 'well meaning' is... fuzzy.) to downright jackass. Though, eventually,
you get some stories from his perspective, in the second book, from events later on in the future, after the girls at the brothel treat him as a fixer-upper, and he ends up a semi-decent person. I'd call it a pretty good ending for a slightly more mature version of him, instead of kid in fantasyland.

Dex-chan lover
Every time i read this manga i get a realy bad feeling, it reveals a realy dark story that even someone like me feels isnt right.
I've seen a loot of fucked up shit

Users who are viewing this thread