JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World

Dex-chan lover
MangaDex description:
record scratch
freeze frame on Haru Koyama getting choked by a horny naked dude

Yep, that’s me. You’re probably wondering how I got into this situation. Not by choice, I can tell you that! It started when my weirdo classmate, Chiba, tried to save me from a runaway truck and got us both killed instead. Idiot. Then we got transported to another world, which I guess is like an otaku dream come true, or something? Chiba ends up with cheat abilities, and what do I get? Nothing! Lucky me, I get to be a sex worker instead. Gotta earn money somehow — but since I have to do it, I’m gonna kick ass at it. This world treats women even worse than the one we came from, so things get…rough. Still, I’ve made friends with some of the girls, and if I can juggle Chiba’s idiocy and Sumo the virgin’s emotions on top of all the various kinks my customers throw at me, things will be all right…won’t they?
(Source: J-Novel Club)
MyAnimeList description:
In a parallel world where sexism is king, young girls do not live... They survive.

Haru Koyama, an average high school student, sees her life turn upside down following a violent accident. It's only when she opens her eyes that she realizes that she is no longer at home. She is now thrown into another world governed by a patriarchal system. Having no particular stats, the young girl finds herself having to work at Blue Cat Nocturne, a bar, also known for being a brothel where everyone can fulfill their greatest fantasies...

(Source: Meian, translated)
I think we all can agree which one is the better description. :kek:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She comes from a modern advanced world and the only thing she can come up with is being a prostitute????
How about being an inventor?
With middle school education she should already be in the top 2% of intellectuals in a medieval world.
Too dumb of a story and retarded self pity: o poor me I didn't get a cheat so I can't possibly succeed and can only be a prostitute.
Bitch you don't even try. Work as an accountant for 3 years, invent something with your earnings and then become a business mogul. But nah all she can come up with is being a prostitute

Come on. All this shits are and/or is explained in the first chabter.

Our beloved MC, JK Haru, was betrayed and sexually exploited while still in middle school. As a result, she believed she'd never amount to anything but a whore long before getting isekaied (depressing as hell, if you think about it). Despite this, she seems pretty ordinary: good-hearted and well-intentioned, likeable, relatable, but not unusually intelligent or ambitious. And the isekai world isn't lacking for anything an ordinary 21st century high school teen might easily imagine or create.

As if that weren't enough, her only "friend" from our world constantly negs her, doing his slimy-ass shrimp dick best to woo her into joining his nonexistent harem as a fuckable slave hole. What a chad (y)

So yeah. Haru's a modern girl dumped unprepared into a brutally sexist fantasy gulag in which women have about as many rights and freedoms as in contemporary Afghanistan. And from what we see, since she's attractive and gregarious but lacks other marketable skills, prostitution is actually one of the better career options available. Though female sex workers are the lowest of the low in this isekai, they seem to make more money and enjoy a bit more autonomy than "respectable" working women.

Thematically, the series, and especially the first volume, asks us to think about how a fake dreamworld designed solely to satisfy straight male power and sex fantasies (i.e., the traditional slave, rape, and harem stuffed ero-isekai setting) might feel to an ordinary young woman suddenly trapped within it. One "heroic" man's sexy playland = a living hell for tit-bearing mobs.

On that level, it's a furious, scathing and pinpoint-accurate critique/assassination of trash isekai and shitty fuccboi misogyny in real-world general, but it's so clever and well-written that it never feels preachy.

I love this series to valkyrie blitzkrieg death and strongly recommend it to anyone interested in the few real possibilities that might still be left in this dead horse corpse maggot genre. Hooray for the isekais!

~10/10~

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Okay, I just read chapters 17-34 on another planet. While I won't go into them in any detail, this is now officially the best fucking manga I have ever read no cap full strenth. I feel at once cleansed, exhilarated and destroyed. Catharsis, I think they used to call it...
  • Vol 1 is bruising but brilliant -- 10/10
  • Vol 2 is scattered and more lighthearted -- 8/10
  • Vol 3 starts calm but builds fury till it matches v1 -- 10/10
  • Vol 4 is something else entirely, blows 1-3 away, impossible to rate -- * perfect *
Vol 5 promises a March 2024 release, but the story seems 100% done at this point. Yes, there are lots of threads left dangling, avenues to explore, even a couple huge plot-hole-type Big Questions. But that doesn't matter. Nothing more needs said.

Still looking forward to chapter 35.

best fucking manga I ever read 🐤

Last edited:
Shit manga she didn't have to be a sex worker woman have other jobs in that world she's just stupid and prideful and could quit anytime she wasn't sold there like most people and she has an ability but wasn't paying attention when God was talking this is trash and before I get called a incel I'm a woman this is shit what the best woman brain can come up with in a isekai is to suck dick fuck off

wow is this thread a roller coaster when skimming... am I right in assuming that the negativity comes from the usual "sex bad" crowd? seeing several praising it to high heavens, and others talking like it killed and ate their first born... worth a read?

Also, is it against rules to link to other places that have the rest of the Manga? don't seem to recall reading that in the rules?

wow is this thread a roller coaster when skimming... am I right in assuming that the negativity comes from the usual "sex bad" crowd? seeing several praising it to high heavens, and others talking like it killed and ate their first born... worth a read?

Also, is it against rules to link to other places that have the rest of the Manga? don't seem to recall reading that in the rules?
I have read the manga in it's entirety (? Not sure if it's done or not since another commenter was hoping chapter 35 comes out but chapter 34 has an afterword so I'm pretty sure It's done, I think? Wouldn't be bad to have more to read though.) And i can sincerely say that It's definitely worth a read. It's amazing. I cried while reading it and as beep_repair said above, It's changed my perspective on how the women in these generic power-fantasy isekais are written. I thank sydsnap for giving her recommendation on this.

Dex-chan lover

it’s garbage because it’s written by an man that does +18 and people praise it as some godly isekai for the most dumb stupid reasons! ain’t REALISTIC AT ALL when you actualy get to the part were we get an generic ISEKAI but with an more dumb FORCED plot to keep her being an prostitute!

it’s garbage because it’s written by an man that does +18 and people praise it as some godly isekai for the most dumb stupid reasons! ain’t REALISTIC AT ALL when you actualy get to the part were we get an generic ISEKAI but with an more dumb FORCED plot to keep her being an prostitute!
Wait... so... it's garbage because the author does 18+ content... hah...
so, TLDR, we're dealing with moral outrage only, gotcha.
I have read the manga in it's entirety (? Not sure if it's done or not since another commenter was hoping chapter 35 comes out but chapter 34 has an afterword so I'm pretty sure It's done, I think? Wouldn't be bad to have more to read though.) And i can sincerely say that It's definitely worth a read. It's amazing. I cried while reading it and as beep_repair said above, It's changed my perspective on how the women in these generic power-fantasy isekais are written. I thank sydsnap for giving her recommendation on this.
Noted, thanks :)

MangaDex description:

MyAnimeList description:

I think we all can agree which one is the better description. :kek:
The Mangadex Description was lifted from the Novel... Those short blurbs at the back of books kind of thing...

The MAL Description was from the Back of the Anime Box if I remember correctly...

Dex-chan lover
The Mangadex Description was lifted from the Novel... Those short blurbs at the back of books kind of thing...

The MAL Description was from the Back of the Anime Box if I remember correctly...
Yeah I saw it on NovelUpdates too. But it's a shame that MangaDex changed the description, the original one gave me a incentive to give it a read. :/

Users who are viewing this thread