JK Shachiku wo Kau - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Raised by Me

Fed-Kun's army
wasn't there another manga with the same premise as this...?
Feel like I've seen this premise before...🤔
Edit: If I recall, the other manga had the shachiku be raised as a pet.. anyone remember this? :/

Dex-chan lover
Isn't onii-san usually translated as 'mister' when used in this situation? Well, i don't have access to the raw so i just assumed that it's onii-san.

Dex-chan lover
@Kiriha No, that would probably be Oji-san which could be somewhere along the lines of "old man" in that context, hence why people often don't appreciate being called it when they don't think they're that old yet.

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro Well, i said in this particular situation. Like how oji-san can also be translated to uncle even when referring to non family member depending on the situation.

Dex-chan lover
@Kiriha Yeah, even then I'm pretty sure onii and onee don't really get pulled over as mister and miss while translating. In those cases, it's more the -san bit that sort of counts on its own. It'd come out as Mr. big brother/sister though, so that sounds kind of weird since we're already not really in the habit of using big brother or sister in the same context in English to begin with. One of those complaints you often see about official translations is that one of those ultra-clingy lesbian characters calling someone "onee-sama" might end up as just that other character's name on it's own. Zero signs of the implications the honorific is supposed to have.

Aggregator gang
If this guy had brain he could have said "sure, leak it all you want but I don't think they will believe that you were attacked while directly looking at the camera that you are holding while at the same time making that face." Seriously, they have the logical and right answer in front of them but nooooo, they have to be true to their "weak af MC that goes along with what the little/teenage girl wants just because" role they have.

Snap her phone in half, please. I don’t want this dude to deal with a girl like her.

PS: forgot to add this earlier to the posting, regardless of whether the police have access to her phone or not, they have access to the MC's phone and therefore they will have evidence indicating that she's always initiating the contact and she's manipulating the MC. The reason why she can continue to do this is all on the MC and the author's weak plot.

@chenando1 "If this guy had brain he could have said "sure, leak it all you want but I don't think they will believe that you were attacked while directly looking at the camera that you are holding while at the same time making that face." Seriously, they have the logical and right answer in front of them but nooooo, they have to be true to their "weak af MC that goes along with what the little/teenage girl wants just because" role they have."

Agreed, she's the one who took the selfie with a smile and now days everyone having a smartphone would know that they can set it record audibly everything they do. While without consent he may not be able to charge her with extortion he should still be able to use it to prove his innocence. The way society is becoming so "1984" it shouldn't be too surprising or hard to find an external video where she dragged him to the love hotel or for it's camera to show her doing it and the state of the guy, that alone would exonerate him. I can't see a business like a love hotel not having security cameras for their own protection, she would have been better off taking him to an area where only her phone's video camera was evidence and using phrases implying she's the helpless victim. But then if manga ran on logic we'd have a lot less of them.

@Rice "Snap her phone in half, please. I don’t want this dude to deal with a girl like her."

If her phone is setup to cloud sync this might not solve the issue, it may be backing it up as she was recording. The problem is when you record video you also tend to record the audio, if anything for her the video would be far more damning unless she took into account to disable the mic for the recording, but if she did it would look very suspicious in court that in the "heat of the moment assault" that somehow her mic was "accidentally" disabled while trying to record it. The MC is a cuck, if anything she may be viewed as the predator or prostitute trying to extort money from him (that's how it would appear in the eyes of most people in court).

@Hollow7F "for once i will put this option on the table...... Murder"

I prefer to use the term "self-defense". 😀

@John_Doe_Jersey I sounded very literal there, but it was more of me attempting to say, “do anything to drop this girl.” Snap her phone, snap her spine, whichever works, really. As long as she never talks to the MC ever again, I’m good with whatever.

Double-page supporter
These people are idiots.. working for 20 days straight.. then they whinge about not having a day off. Christ if they make you, ring in sick.. or quit

I dont care shes going to lead him around like a dog, cause the MC is an idiot. He deserves it.. but hey, he might even enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread