Jojoni Deremi ga Mashiteku Tsundere Gyaru - Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
Did someone mistake "yandere" with "cute" while translating the title?
Yeah, where cute?

I interpret this as a joke, but it does bring up something interesting: what was rendered as "cute" in the translation is デレ, or "dere"-- the same "dere" in both "tsundere" and "yandere".

"dere" doesn't mean "cute". It's a clipping of the ideophone デレデレ, or "dere-dere", which means something to the effect of "the feeling of being lovestruck". For example (and I figure you more or less know this), "tsundere" refers to a progression from "tsun-tsun" (ideophone, meaning something to the effect of "prickly" or "cold" in personality) to "dere-dere"-- or, an oscillation between the two.

Keeping the above in mind (because I'm not going to try giving them a concise English equivalent), the title 徐々にデレ味が増してくツンデレギャル is more like "The Tsundere Gal Whose Dere-flavor Steadily Continues to Increase".

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's not even a flag, there's so much red that she could be mistaken for the planet Mars at this point.

Dex-chan lover
thing is, plenty of dudes are so lonely they're willing to stay with a girl like this because they don't know how to cope with being alone.

be sure to fix your issues before you get into a relationship. relationships have their highs and their lows, and letting your problems fester means the lows will likely break the relationship. doubly so nowadays since mental issues seem to be a "popular" thing. this is just the responsible thing to do. even if you don't think it's fair, it's practical.

Group Leader
Did someone mistake "yandere" with "cute" while translating the title?
Short answer: Yes.
It seems the other group while uploading this title mistranslated it. I would say a better translation for it "The Tsundere Gal Getting More and More Dere Day by Day" (made use of the other tsuntsuntsun title)

Group Leader
I interpret this as a joke, but it does bring up something interesting: what was rendered as "cute" in the translation is デレ, or "dere"-- the same "dere" in both "tsundere" and "yandere".

"dere" doesn't mean "cute". It's a clipping of the ideophone デレデレ, or "dere-dere", which means something to the effect of "the feeling of being lovestruck". For example (and I figure you more or less know this), "tsundere" refers to a progression from "tsun-tsun" (ideophone, meaning something to the effect of "prickly" or "cold" in personality) to "dere-dere"-- or, an oscillation between the two

Keeping the above in mind (because I'm not going to try giving them a concise English equivalent), the title 徐々にデレ味が増してくツンデレギャル is more like "The Tsundere Gal Whose Dere-flavor Steadily Continues to Increase".
Yeah I just checked too lol whoever translated the title mistranslated imo, my offer for the title is "The Tsundere Gal Getting More and More Dere Day by Day" :meguu:

Dex-chan lover
Author-san this is a menhera not a tsundere 😭
Otaku-kun, go pump and dump her🥵

Aggregator gang
Oh he’s fucked… red flags in dating leads to black holes in marriage. Time to make like a chip, and dip ✌🏾

Fed-Kun's army
When dating a girl that far up the hot-crazy curve, the key is compartmentalization and careful organization. Keep your burner phones and aliases straight.

Users who are viewing this thread