JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Part 6: Stone Ocean (Official Colored) - Vol. 17 Ch. 158 - What a wonderful world

I'm... I'm gonna miss the OG Jojo world...

I'll miss you Jonathan, Joseph, Jotaro, Josuke, Giorno, Jolyne... I miss all of you and I miss your Jobros, your enemies (although I despise many of them), the side characters and the random characters that give the world dept. I'll miss the stands, the vampires, the Pillar People, the stone mask, hamon and the stand arrows... I'll miss everything. I'll miss the memories you've given me. And the person I'll miss most is my best girl, my husbando, and the god of Jobros: Speedwagon. I bet if you didn't get that heart attack in 1952, you would've gained the most powerful requiem stand ever and kicked Pucci's ass before he could fuck shit up.

And now I'm off. To Johnny, to Gappy, to their friends, allies and enemies... to Jesus, the SBR race, to the other, more bizarre Morioh... And hopefully we'll get a part 9.

You'll always be in my heart.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I read it from when the universe started shifting again while listening What a Wonderful World, and the song ends at the last page. Dang, it's like Araki knew how many panels it took to fit the entire song

The ending is nothing but an illusion of happiness.

In reality: Jotaro, Jolyne and the whole gang is dead. The bad guy is dead, but so are the good guys (with the exception of Emperio, of course). The new people are nothing but duplicates, and alternative versions of themselves.

The real, and badass Jotaro we know and love
died on the ocean that day, protecting his beloved daughter. Jolyne died protecting that little boy that guided her to freedom. Anasui and Hermes sacrificed themselves for their friends, but the attempts are futile. And of course, F.F as well.

If anything, this ending is bittersweet.

Goodbye, guys. Bye Joseph, Josuke, Giorno, Jolyne and your allies. And especially, Jotaro, my favourite Jojo. Your deaths are not in vain.

Double-page supporter
Maybe it would have been better if Pucci had lived...

Yes, everyone might be "alive," but these are only alternate versions of themselves that's rose after the process of evolution had happened all over again from the start rather than the same people... Are they fundamentally different? If they have the same future, is there really a difference beyond the experiences they've had?

This is the best way to end this universe. I was frozen on the last few pages when Emporio was in tears and said "My name is Emporio!" It was such an impactful scene and Araki couldn't have done it better. Now he has the creative freedom he was looking for to start fresh with Steel Ball Run. SO far my favorite part!

September 6, 2020, at 5:49.
Goodbye, Jotaro.
Goodbye, Jolyne.
Goodbye, Hermès.
Goodbye, Anasui.
Goodbye, Foo Fighters.
Goodbye, Weather Report.
Stone Ocean will always be one of my favorite parts.

First time reading a manga (I watched the anime 1-5) and for the first time, I never thought read a article of paper can make me tear up, the ending is sad but like Pucci himself said, there’s a new begin, I’m looking forward to Johnny and Gappy, also if there will be part 9. Jonathan, Joseph, Josuke, Giorno, Jolyne and every Jobro and other side characters, we will all miss you ❤️.

I honestly don't know what to say after reading the last chapter. the fact that emporio is the only person who knows what happened just makes me cry, he knows them, he's been with them but they are still different people from the people he got in his original universe.

So, does this mean that its time to say goodbye to the og joestars.... I'm.... :(( it hurts like a bitch but I'm glad that I didn't try to skip reading stone ocean, because of some negative comments about this part. jolyne may not got an op stand but she got skills to use her stand to it's fullest, she may also not got an op jobros but weather report, f.f, anasui, hermes and emporio help her until the end :((

I'm going to miss the og joestars and the other side characters, the origin of hamon, stand ability, all of it :((

14th of september, 2020
Definitely one of my all time favorite story, comparable to sherlock holmes, one of the only 2 time i actually got emotional over a fictional art (i'm one of those people who mock someone who cries at a movie or a book) the other one being interstellar
Definitely recommended 11/10

Users who are viewing this thread