JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7 - Steel Ball Run (Official Colored) - Vol. 24 Ch. 95 - World of Stars and Stripes - Outro

jonnathan is the best version of jojo, no matter what version is he
damn, the end really hit me

Manga: 7 > 8 > 6 > 4 > 5 > 2 > 3 > 1
Anime: 5 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 1

Every time I reread this it reminds me that it's the best manga of all time (sorry Berserk, but you went to shit). Araki would've been one of the goats if he only did Parts 1-3, so it blows my mind how much he's improved since January 1987.

Fed-Kun's army
I've finally finished Part 7... It was a ride but here we are... I loved the mature atmosphere of this one compared to other parts. Although my rankings are a bit sporadic and constantly change, If I had to rank them (based on overall enjoyment, variety of stands and abilities, characters, etc.) as of right now it would go: Part 5 > Part 4 > Part 7 > Part 6 > Part 3 > Part 2 > Part 1. 08/19/19

I love that Pocoloco lucked out in the end. I thought for sure his luck could not last forever in the beginning.

Lucy may or may not have the corpse in her since it was locked by the time Mr. Steel got there.

I see Johnny has inherited Gyro's "Nyohoho" laugh.

Now it's time to start the colored version of Part 8 and stay up to date with the ongoing part.

'Die of a cold' They really had to do my boy Gyro dirty like that? His entire motive for starting the race was to save the boy, and just for him to die of a cold seems like a slap in the face. Oh well.

I just started reading the mangas and jojo was my first manga ever, i reread parts 3-5 and read 6, but god, this part is by far my favorite, ive always loved westerns and this seems to be the most real JoJo part by far, they have to face against very human dangers like weathers and storms but with added in Arakis wonder.

On top of that Johnny is the most human jojo in my eyes, hes by far my most favorite jojo.

This is the only part to actually get me heavily emotional as we traveled and grew with these pair of unlikely friends.
As much as I wanted the classic Jojo winning against the enemy by beating the hell out of the enemy, Johnny losing to DIegO seems to just add to his story.

It feels so bittersweet that its over, I dont know if part 8 will be better or can top this one.

Truly a masterpiece.

Dex-chan lover
Dying of a cold, Gyro's life was a lie??
And you killed DIO like that? Why do you do that to me? Atleast Gyro's personality traits were passed on.
The stand users made here would just scatter their genes all around now....

It's been a real wild ride, definitely my favorite part so far.
If I'd put a ranking, it would be 7>4>5>6>3>2>1

Gyro is such a great character, I miss him.

Fed-Kun's army
That was truly a roundabout path. Probably Steel Ball Run has come to be my favorite part.

okay I love part 7, maybe not as much as part 6 but it was really amazing. The characters were so well built up, and I just loved everything.

also I’m going to add a few things, since I just spent the last few minutes crying and sulking. Johnny has to be my favorite Joestar. He seems to be the most human and real out of all of them. Selfish and dark intentions at the beginning but emotional and strong at the end. Such nice character designs too, and really cool stand powers. I’ll miss this part.

Well, Araki definitely redeemed Phantom Blood and made an actually good Jonathan Joestar just like he wanted.
Gyro is best JoBro, Bruno doesn't count cus he's a Mom.
Dio is cool but he just has to get lost for JJL, please... No more knives in stopped time as much I love it
Funny valentine was an extremely OP villian so Araki just made the protagonist have infinite energy. Chumimin
Overall, great part, a bit slow at the beginning but it's jojo so it has to lull you into a false sense of security.
Now we just need to get it animated...

@undayx I find it interesting that we were reading SBR at almost the same pace, just were 1 day ahead of me. I saw all of your comments as "1 day ago" hahaha. So yeah, indeed. I'm really waiting to see this animated in 2132

Btw, literally got false spoiled by fucking "People also ask" that randomly pops out on Google search half an hour before finishing the last chapter, and I was furious. I'm happy that it was false so I can keep my dignity and soul where they are.
That aside, holy Jesus, this was incredible. Araki, I can't thank you enough for creating such an amazing series, and also the JoJo's Colored Adventure team, you guys did more than it was ever expected, arigato. Steel Ball Run in particular is my favorite part because of its lenght, that some may find boring, and of course, the ending that accumulated everything more than perfectly. Since I mentioned it, SBR is the longest part and will surely stay that way for a really long time, so it was a real journey to read through it. Every character is so fucking interesting, I can't decide who'd be my favorite. Gyro's type of character was a new approach on the main character from the other parts, same goes for Jonny, Diego on the other hand is currently my #1 JoJo villain, at some points he was opposing Valentine, perfect delivery/transition, very epic! Even then, Diego wasn't hindering Valentine's character. Funny Valentine is the type of a villain that if looked from a different angle, wouldn't really be a villain. He did what he did for his country's sake, leaving with no regrets. Lucy played the role of the purity and innocence contrast to all the danger and action, and in some ways represented Holy Mary (especially by carrying the corpse inside her). Even the side villains have interesting traits, Ringo being the most important/impactful one out of them.
All characters fit flawlessly in the well rounded story, making this a true masterpiece, at least from my perspective.

Long story short, 11/10.
PolposBanana, signing out.

Users who are viewing this thread