JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8 - JoJolion - Vol. 20 Ch. 82 - Doctor Woo and Awaking III Leaves Part 4

I’ve been rereading Part 7, and it occurred to me that the first time we see the equivalent exchange isn’t in Part 8, but rather at the end of Part 7 with “Ticket to Ride” creating that area around that girl that essentially causes harm to be randomly redirected to another person.

It sounds like the rokkakka fruit is a rougher version of that, in that it can only redirect a harm in the body to another part of the body.

We also know that Johnny brought Christ’s corpse to Morioh, so what are the chances that the rokkakka fruit is connected to that?

And then you have Josuke’s Stand that also has vaguely defined features but seems to also be connected. His Stand is capable of equivalent exchange in some manner, like removing eyesight, removing friction from a floor, and even in removing hair from his face and placing it on other people.

Double-page supporter
Health-wise, a nose is one of the best things you can afford to live without. So we might say Mitsuba was pretty lucky, even if aesthetically it'll be impossible to ignore.

Double-page supporter
Yasuho should check Misuba's child to be sure. You can't see what it's actually exchanged for. Misuba get a lot of wound from fight, it might heal one of those wounds instead of her child.

Dex-chan lover
Can someone explain to me what's the difference between the old Rokkaka type & the new Rokkaka type? Cause it seems way over the top to kill all the rokkakas in the room cause they weren't the one they're looking for.

@ Remixman87
old fruit: you eat it, gets something fixed in exchange for something else (you can cure your blind eyes but now you are deft for example).
new fruit: you eat it, get something fixed BUT another person will pay the sacrifice (kira's broken body was fixed without any collateral damage but josefumi body became stone instead).

also to add, the old fruit (as the doctor said) has the risk of taking something really important as collateral, like the brain.

Double-page supporter
I wonder why they didn't make a new branch with old type one? Or they just didn't know that?

the New Rokakaka could be used by Rock Humans to gain a significant advantage over the rest of society and a "new world" for the Rock Humans race - Urban Guerrilla said . For others, this species allows an individual to undergo the fruit's effects by using another person's body as collateral for the equivalent exchange, rather than their own.

Double-page supporter
@00nowhereman

What's the new thing? You mean new exchange equivalent from the fruit they ate, right?

Joseifumi grafted Rokakaka branch with old type one, They wait until it labored and the result was those fruits that Joseifumi made Kira ate.

That's why I think they can make new branch if they know the way. But It might just lose with memory.

Aggregator gang
The reason the new rokaka fruit turned up is because of the wall eyes on the Higishikata estate, the Higishikata curse is all about equivalent exchange too.

That's why Kato killed that kid so she didn't have to sacrifice her own life for Joubin's.

can we admire just how much mitsuba developed over this pretty short introduction arc. she went from someone who couldnt care less about others and held her personal appearance to the greatest height to being glad she has just an ugly rock nose if it meant saving her child. this is probably one of if not the best arcs so far in jojolion imo

starting to understand the concept of the new rokakaka thanks to these comments
mitsuba’s new nose looks kinda fresh tho I’d smash

Users who are viewing this thread