Josou shite Off-Kai ni Sanka shite mita. - Ch. 44

Dex-chan lover
Well, I’d translate it as “something an itty bit massive”.
「ちょっぴりプラスα」an itty bit plus alpha, literally.

Works better in Japanese, maybe? Iunno.

I’m going from memory on the Japanese, btw. I laughed so hard (while clapping), I’ll never forget it.
it me

Power Uploader
Well, I’d translate it as “something an itty bit massive”.
「ちょっぴりプラスα」an itty bit plus alpha, literally.

Works better in Japanese, maybe? Iunno.

I’m going from memory on the Japanese, btw. I laughed so hard (while clapping), I’ll never forget it.
it me
No, plus alfa, despite how it sounds, it's how Japanese means extra or bonus. Like when your milkshake has an extra chocolate or something like that.
プラスアルファとは?

Dex-chan lover
No, plus alfa, despite how it sounds, it's how Japanese means extra or bonus. Like when your milkshake has an extra chocolate or something like that.
プラスアルファとは?
Oh, I know that, but as far as I have seen it, there’s often (not always) an implication “an extra amount”, “2.0” depending. So, a Bonus version of something I don’t know. Maybe the instances I’ve read are the weird ones. The jokes.
Since they (internally) scream 「プラスα」I got the impression that it was so in this case/context.

Well, they also didn’t scream “a little”, so that’s a bit off, but meh. That doesn’t matter.

I guess it’s just how I read it the first time and died laughing.

”bonus” instead of “extra” is another way of saying it. I’m not saying it’s better, it’s just another word that maybe fits better in the culture of someone else reading this rambling.

I don’t know how often the colloquial “extra” is used vs the traditional. I’m old. That does make this work both ways, so I’m stupid.

Shit, I haven’t been to Japan in 12 years, and only lived there a month, so what do I know of current terminology?!

I only hung out with others my age and joked around about bullshit while smoking and drinking.
One of my Japanese friends was moving on in her gap year of travelling the country, woke me up from a nap after a night of coffee and whiskey, fed me pan d’chocolat, asked for my Facebook (I’ve never had one, so I gave her my email. I don’t think she believed me) proposed to me, and I never heard from her again. One of the weirdest experiences of my life.
All we had done is smoke in the hallway with another, closer friend, drink and shoot the shit. For like a week, maybe 18 days.
(Wouldnt have worked out anyway. It was in “the before times” and I’m pretty dang sure she’s straight.)
Thats not why I quit drinking and hanging out with crazy people, but it’s one reason I’m glad I did! What the shit…
I also made friends with a 6’ motozoku called Big who ran a restaurant next door to the guesthouse.

My life sounds like a bad comedy movie.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
so far this manga has been pretty good when it comes to the trans girl, though it's sad that she doesn't appear in a lot of chapters

Dex-chan lover
I really do appreciate Cocoa trying to understand what Tarou had to deal with and it's pretty clear he's grown from his experiences in this story. LEMON, on the other hand ... [well, you'll have to wait for the next chapters]

Dex-chan lover
I really do appreciate Cocoa trying to understand what Tarou had to deal with and it's pretty clear he's grown from his experiences in this story. LEMON, on the other hand ... [well, you'll have to wait for the next chapters]
Yeah, he’s not always the best bf…

Dex-chan lover
in other words, Tarou is a "newhalf".
That term applies to post-op, too, afaik.

She’s just a woman with… theoretical possibilities.
Lemon’s a top, so that’s largely irrelevant, but…

Users who are viewing this thread